Premed 101 Forums

How do med schools convert percentage to GPA?

Hi!

I was just wondering, do all med schools use the OSMAS scale (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/) or do they have their own conversion tables?

I am a student at the University of Saskatchewan and currently have an average 94.6%. Will it be considered a 4.0 at U of A, U of C, McGill, etc (in accordance to the OSMAS) or will it be considered a 3.78?

Thanks!!

On 3/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, JohnGrisham said:

Go to the schools website. Generally you convert on a course-by course basis, not your overall gpa %. But likely you will be quite high and in a competitive range for any school(at least from a GPA perspective)

Thanks!

I checked the U of A site multiple times, but I was unable to find it. It is possible to point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, wannabdoctor said:

Thanks!

I checked the U of A site multiple times, but I was unable to find it. It is possible to point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

You won't have to calculate it yourself for UofA, their office does it for you and take a long time doing it lol. If you want an idea of where you stand, I wouldn't worry like John said. 

Archived