Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD 2018- Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year, the MDCM and DMD programs were having the exact same interview process. Therefore, applicants that had a very strong interview score were likely to be accepted into both programs. In past years, both interview were separate, unless I am wrong. This can explain why certain individuals received dual offers and some chose to decline the DMD for MDCM. This can be one of the reasons explaining this unusual movement.

Future movement could happen when Québec's francophone medical and dental schools release their decisions. I believe it happens around mid-may.

14 hours ago, HoopDreams said:

This year, the MDCM and DMD programs were having the exact same interview process. Therefore, applicants that had a very strong interview score were likely to be accepted into both programs. In past years, both interview were separate, unless I am wrong. This can explain why certain individuals received dual offers and some chose to decline the DMD for MDCM. This can be one of the reasons explaining this unusual movement.

Future movement could happen when Québec's francophone medical and dental schools release their decisions. I believe it happens around mid-may.

Interviews for the past fives years have been together. If you a MD and DMD interview, you will interview on the DMD day. 

1 hour ago, HoopDreams said:

Were they just on the dame day or were they  the exact same one? I wasn't aware of that.

Same day and same ones. It does not matter since its MMI and the evaluators would be the same (i.e. profs, community members, health professionals). The two faculties also communicate a lot, since the first 1.5 years are pretty much the same for both programs. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zocoloni said:

I have an update for the IP DMD wait list since McGill hasn't updated their website (its been a week!) but i accepted my offer and I am number 19. Best of luck to all :)

Congrats zocoloni! 

I have a random question. I'm planning to apply in my last year of uni. I noticed McGill requires a degree/ 120 credits. I'll be OOP. Does this mean I have to have completed 120 credits before my application?

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, zocoloni said:

I have an update for the IP DMD wait list since McGill hasn't updated their website (its been a week!) but i accepted my offer and I am number 19. Best of luck to all :)

When did you receive the offer exactly? last Wednesday? Also, did you check on minerva or did you get an email? I am number 20 FINGERS CROSSED. 

On 5/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, natalie88 said:

why haven't they updated the site... 

I called them just a few second ago. I was told that they've been having some issues updating the website. They confirmed that an offer was made to the 19th candidate on the waitlist.

Cheers

4 hours ago, bigbaddrill said:

I called them just a few second ago. I was told that they've been having some issues updating the website. They confirmed that an offer was made to the 19th candidate on the waitlist.

Cheers

Do you know where OOP is at as well by chance?

Archived