Premed 101 Forums
aquanaut

Official May 8 Countdown Thread

48 minutes ago, beepboopbot said:

Before: every time i shower my mind wanders.

Now: every time i shower my mind wanders to dig up a detailed review of how i screwed up my interviews.

Shower phobia. I'm getting shower phobia from this.

I mean, if you’re in exams, why shower anyway amirite?!

8 minutes ago, 2hopeful said:

neuroticism at an all-time high.......................................... does anyone know what time of day the emails are released, specifically for queens?

Just checked the accepted/waitlist/rejected thread for Queen’s. Looks like it was around 9:00am when the emails came out last year.

13 minutes ago, 2hopeful said:

neuroticism at an all-time high.......................................... does anyone know what time of day the emails are released, specifically for queens?

Pretty sure different schools release at diff times. I think Queens tends to be early in the day? and Western takes their time, but the rest could be anywhere in between

Hello friends, I thought I'd drop by and share a few tips I've learned from going through this process last year

- memes = the life support that will get you through

- Literally anything can happen. I have classmates who cried after their interview because they thought they blew it, and they got in. I have classmates who have tried for 4-5 cycles, and they got in. One classmate had his fly open the entire time, and he got in. How you think you did on your interview(s) is a horrible predictor of what goes down on D day, anything can happen!

- May 8th may not necessarily be the last day of waiting for you, a huge chunk (1/3 - 1/2 depending on the school) of people get accepted from the waitlist. That means that you could possibly be doing a little more waiting, so don't put your life on hold until May 8th. Work, spend time with friends, travel, hobbies.. just, if you're thinking of sitting in your room, shades drawn, in beard-growing isolation playing video games and watching Netflix until May 8th, from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend.

- If things go south on May 8th and you hear bad news, please don't be too hard on yourself. You've reached the farthest point in the admissions process. I know it sucks, I know what it's like to not know what your future holds while your friends and seemingly everyone around you is celebrating their acceptances and making fb posts with 500 likes. It's incredibly frustrating and it's okay to be upset. Take a few days off, read some of the success stories in the non-trad forum (some of those are very inspiring), remember why you started, and start planning how you're going to improve your application. It's normal to take a few tries.

Good luck to all of you :) Only 11 days left until you hear back!

55 minutes ago, Sauna said:

Hello friends, I thought I'd drop by and share a few tips I've learned from going through this process last year

- Literally anything can happen. I have classmates who cried after their interview because they thought they blew it, and they got in. I have classmates who have tried for 4-5 cycles, and they got in. One classmate had his fly open the entire time, and he got in. How you think you did on your interview(s) is a horrible predictor of what goes down on D day, anything can happen!

- May 8th may not necessarily be the last day of waiting for you, a huge chunk (1/3 - 1/2 depending on the school) of people get accepted from the waitlist. That means that you could possibly be doing a little more waiting, so don't put your life on hold until May 8th. Work, spend time with friends, travel, hobbies.. just, if you're thinking of sitting in your room, shades drawn, in beard-growing isolation playing video games and watching Netflix until May 8th, from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend.

- If things go south on May 8th and you hear bad news, please don't be too hard on yourself. You've reached the farthest point in the admissions process. I know it sucks, I know what it's like to not know what your future holds while your friends and seemingly everyone around you is celebrating their acceptances and making fb posts with 500 likes. It's incredibly frustrating and it's okay to be upset. Take a few days off, read some of the success stories in the non-trad forum (some of those are very inspiring), remember why you started, and start planning how you're going to improve your application. It's normal to take a few tries.

Hi I love your display photo 

2 hours ago, Sauna said:

Lol i did the fly thing at one of my interviews too, let's hope for the best