Premed 101 Forums

Official May 8 Countdown Thread

I don’t mean to put anybody down or discourage you from pursuing your dreams but is anyone else already expecting a rejection? I know it’s a pessimistic perspective but I’m personally not anxious because I’ve already accepted a very likely rejection. If it happens I’m not even going to be disappointed but if I get accepted then I’m just going to be very surprised and happy. Either way I feel like the “negative” perspective has been helping me accept whatever comes tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, plastics91 said:

My dad thought "the day" was today and he had nightmares. He dreamt there were groups of people who were kidnapping me and beating me up and he was fighting to get me back to safety.

I feel his anxiety and his love all at the same time :')

I dreamt that I got rejected..... from U of T.... where I didnt even interview - no surprises there LOL

40 minutes ago, FatherFranklin said:

I don’t mean to put anybody down or discourage you from pursuing your dreams but is anyone else already expecting a rejection? I know it’s a pessimistic perspective but I’m personally not anxious because I’ve already accepted a very likely rejection. If it happens I’m not even going to be disappointed but if I get accepted then I’m just going to be very surprised and happy. Either way I feel like the “negative” perspective has been helping me accept whatever comes tomorrow. 

I feel like I've been discouraging myself/trying not to be hopeful to protect my own feelings. It's less of a blow to set lower expectations - if my expectations fall short at least they didn't have to fall far!! I know if I get rejected it'll hurt either way, but I'm trying to convince myself it'll be less painful this way x) 

Pretty sure this isn't exactly a healthy coping method, but you do what you have to do to make it through these last few days.