Premed 101 Forums

Official May 8 Countdown Thread

33 minutes ago, KingKunta_chickenwings said:

Does anyone know if UWO is still using "high waitlist" this year? My email just says "waitlist". Also if I accept my offer from McMaster will I be removed from this waitlist? 

I think it's in the wording of the email. Mine says: 

Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission.

What does yours say?

Just now, KingKunta_chickenwings said:

The exact same thing except thame sentence in bold. I don't have anything after "Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List." it goes just goes to the next paragraph. So I guess I'm neither good nor bad waitlist?

I think you're in the "normal" waitlist then. Historically from what I have seen, acceptances dip into the normal list every year.

Hi everyone,

I have been waitlisted at uOttawa (bad), Mac (mystery?), and Western (high). Does anyone know if Mac has good/bad waitlists or waitlist/rejection? I'm also itching to know approximately how many people are on the "high" Western waitlist, but I suppose this information might not be available. 

Being on 3 (essentially really 2) waitlists is going to shorten my life from stress.  

1 minute ago, markup said:

Hi everyone,

I have been waitlisted at uOttawa (bad), Mac (mystery?), and Western (high). Does anyone know if Mac has good/bad waitlists or waitlist/rejection? I'm also itching to know approximately how many people are on the "high" Western waitlist, but I suppose this information might not be available. 

Being on 3 (essentially really 2) waitlists is going to shorten my life from stress.  

I don’t think Mac has a good/bad waitlist. Though they sent out 330 offers last year for 206 spots. 

I also heard they over offer initially, so I’m not sure how big the waitlist movement will be, but I’d say it’s a lot better than other schools.

15 minutes ago, peanut.socks said:

has anyone been rejected from queens? or have they not sent those out yet.. seems like only people with acceptances and waitlists are posting

They should have been sent out in the morning too unless things have changed. I'd say the statuses you're seeing is due to reporting bias

2 hours ago, markup said:

Hi everyone,

Mac outright rejects people in addition to having a waitlist. There's no good/bad waitlist distinction.