Premed 101 Forums

2018 Waitlist Discussions

cardiomed

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, eventuallyAF said:

Dropping trends are all kinds of unpredictable. Each person has different variables influencing their decision so what you consider bottom may just be the point it reaches this year! 

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 4.53.40 PM.png

Thank u for the support:)

Hi everyone!

I am a Med-1 at McGill and I just wanted to take a minute to write a little something for all of you who are on the IP Waitlist.  I was waitlisted last year and at first, it felt like an absolute torture.  I remember checking this site and the Waitlist site 10x a day.  But stay hopeful!  It is a GREAT thing that you are on the waitlist!  Think of those who received their refusal letter this morning..  at least you still have hope!!  And please do not allow yourselves to feel that you are any less than those who got accepted on the first shot.  I was a bit fearful and intimidated during the first few months of school, always thinking back to how I was "waitlisted".  But I truly do not believe that your "waitlist" status defines you in any way.  Everyone interviews differently.  Some of us get more nervous than others.  Whether you get in or not, do not let this bring you down or make you feel that you are any less.  It is unfortunate there are such limited spots in the program but if this is something you are passionate about, don't give up!  A lot can happen between now and August 2018.  Best of luck to all of you! :) 

4 minutes ago, medgirl01 said:

Hi everyone!

I am a Med-1 at McGill and I just wanted to take a minute to write a little something for all of you who are on the IP Waitlist.  I was waitlisted last year and at first, it felt like an absolute torture.  I remember checking this site and the Waitlist site 10x a day.  But stay hopeful!  It is a GREAT thing that you are on the waitlist!  Think of those who received their refusal letter this morning..  at least you still have hope!!  And please do not allow yourselves to feel that you are any less than those who got accepted on the first shot.  I was a bit fearful and intimidated during the first few months of school, always thinking back to how I was "waitlisted".  But I truly do not believe that your "waitlist" status defines you in any way.  Everyone interviews differently.  Some of us get more nervous than others.  Whether you get in or not, do not let this bring you down or make you feel that you are any less.  It is unfortunate there are such limited spots in the program but if this is something you are passionate about, don't give up!  A lot can happen between now and August 2018.  Best of luck to all of you! :) 

Thank u so much for giving us hope. But I don't know how much hopeful i can be! I am no 25 on waitlist and I don't know really what is the probability of getting an offer:(

1 hour ago, cardiomed said:

Just got it #41 lol

Ah man I'm sorry, but hey you never know so hang in tight, surprises happen. If not, well you'll just be better prepared for next cycle, as will all of us. I'm not even sure what to think at 14 really so we might just go through this again next year :)

10 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

Ah man I'm sorry, but hey you never know so hang in tight, surprises happen. If not, well you'll just be better prepared for next cycle, as will all of us. I'm not even sure what to think at 14 really so we might just go through this again next year :)

Thanks Man! Hopefully you should be good this year ;) It is all good, I am still greatful for this compared flat out refusal :)

13 hours ago, SpeedyPotato said:

It moved to #14 last year. ;)

2 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

Haha yeah but it's a little too close for me, I mean I'll take it but geez it's gonna be a stressful summer.. kinda tired of always being in limbo

I was #13 last year. I know that feel way too intimately. 

All I can say is try to take your mind of it. Keep busy, stay social. You got this.

15 hours ago, YASMED said:

Thank u so much for giving us hope. But I don't know how much hopeful i can be! I am no 25 on waitlist and I don't know really what is the probability of getting an offer:(

Hi YASMED, don't lose hope, anything is possible!  Last year was a bit of a slow year, the waiting list only went up to #15 i think.  But if I recall correctly, the waiting list in past years moved a lot more, even into the 20s!  GOOD LUCK!! :)

Archived