Premed 101 Forums

2018 Waitlist Discussions

cardiomed

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jtown said:

Let’s hope not too close hahah. I wonder what the movement was like last couple years after July 1st

I remember someone had posted the trend for 2016 and between July 4th to July 14, 6 people got in. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

15 minutes ago, YASMED said:

I remember someone had posted the trend for 2016 and between July 4th to July 14, 6 people got in. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Ok, that isn’t so bad. You also said sometimes around August 1 or 2 people get in as well right?

24 minutes ago, YASMED said:

As u can see 4th of July it was in position 8 and then 14th it was in position 14.

then in August, one more person got in.

Thank you for that, let’s see what happens this year *fingers crossed*

2 minutes ago, SunAndMoon said:

Oh really sorry about that! Was it last year then that it stopped moving relatively early? I may have gotten my months mixed up. Really rooting for you guys, I still keep checking haha

Thank u very much! 

I don't have the stats for last year! I wish i knew the trend for last year:(

1 minute ago, Soon2BeMD said:

I remember checking last year’s waitlist thread and noticed that the waitlist stopped moving around July 24th if I’m not mistaken. So there’s definitely still hope! :)

Oh thank you for the information!

13 minutes ago, Soon2BeMD said:

I remember checking last year’s waitlist thread and noticed that the waitlist stopped moving around July 24th if I’m not mistaken. So there’s definitely still hope! :)

For the IP I know for a fact the last wave was around the last week of June - I just asked. This year is not like the previous years at all so you never know...I would definitely stay hopeful rn but guys do prepare for next year if you have any pre-reqs to take or things of the sort

2 hours ago, Soon2BeMD said:

Yeah you’re right. I just went back to check. The last movement occurred on June 27th. My bad!

62FDDD36-3331-4029-AF87-7254DFEAB313.jpeg

Why do you think it stopped on june 27 last year? Whereas, for 2016 it went all the way till august 4?

13 minutes ago, jtown said:

Why do you think it stopped on june 27 last year? Whereas, for 2016 it went all the way till august 4?

I have no clue tbh. Your guess is as good as mine. It’s honestly so frustrating trying to make sense of these waitlist movements because they’re just so unpredictable. Just be prepared for the worst but hope for the best! I really hope you get through

14 hours ago, jtown said:

My impression of the movement patterns is that it significantly slowed down after the deferral deadline. I believe that for 2016, it had not moved from end of June as well and then moved by 1 in August (someone withdrew due to unforeseen circumstances or got off the waitlist at a school they preferred over McGill).

Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding our immunization record submission if we are waitlisted. Do we submit it directly to Minerva, since there is a specific slot for it there? On the document, it says to submit it to the AFMC but that does not make much sense..? 

13 minutes ago, Doc2Be said:

Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding our immunization record submission if we are waitlisted. Do we submit it directly to Minerva, since there is a specific slot for it there? On the document, it says to submit it to the AFMC but that does not make much sense..? 

Submit to Minerva. I'm guessing the form is a general one used for electives or something where you would be sending to AFMC but Mcgill is using it here for a different purpose since it's asking for almost the same things.

3 minutes ago, YLA007 said:

@YASMEDHey, so your prayers have been answered? Seems the waitlist just moved to 26!

Huge congrats!!!!!

YESSSSS I don't know what to doooooo! i am so happyyyyyyyy. thanks everyone here for their supports!!!! u guys were really helpful. I just pray for others who are still in the waitlist. hope they get in too.

Archived