Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

Does anyone know how many spots the UBC MOT waitlist typically moves? I tried searching this forum for information from past years, but so far no luck. If I find any info I'll be sure to update this post.

Also for individuals who were waitlisted for UBC's MOT program in previous years, but then were offered a seat, what was your initial waitlist number?

Thanks

EDIT:  Also, does anyone know if this information means that for 2017 intake, there were 365 applicants for the MOT program, admission offers were given to 66 individuals, and a total of 52 individuals were admitted, so then there was 66-52 = 14 people accepted off the waitlist?

https://imgur.com/a/ga5Oa

15 minutes ago, housecalle said:

Also, does anyone know if this information means that for 2017 intake, there were 365 applicants for the MOT program, admission offers were given to 66 individuals, and a total of 52 individuals were admitted, so then there was 66-52 = 14 people accepted off the waitlist?

https://imgur.com/a/ga5Oa

I think that means 14 people did not take the offer. 66 probably included the waitlist individuals, not sure how many though.

edit: oh i get what you're saying now, but I think there's 56 spots available annually (48 domestic and 8 international), so the number is still uncertain i think.

20 minutes ago, NOOBorNOOB said:

I think that means 14 people did not take the offer. 66 probably included the waitlist individuals, not sure how many though.

edit: oh i get what you're saying now, but I think there's 56 spots available annually (48 domestic and 8 international), so the number is still uncertain i think.

Yeah I don't know why the numbers don't add up. But if I split it by domestic/international, it says 11 offers were made to international students and of those 11, 8 accepted. For domestic, it says 55 offers and 44 accepted. Maybe because of the limited seats, those 4 unaccounted for seats represent individuals who did not complete the program in 2 years, so are still attending?

Is there a separate waitlist for OOP applicants and in province applicants? If not, how does it work, does a OOP waitlisted applicant only get a spot if an accepted OOP individual drops? Ty

On 3/27/2018 at 6:53 PM, OTSK said:

Is there a separate waitlist for OOP applicants and in province applicants? If not, how does it work, does a OOP waitlisted applicant only get a spot if an accepted OOP individual drops? Ty

sorry i have no clue, maybe someone else might know or u can always send UBC MOT an email.

5 hours ago, LivieK said:

RE: Waitlist Movement... I was accepted into the UBC OT program yesterday, and I was initially #2 on the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone waiting! 

Thank you for letting us know! Congratulations!!

Just wondering, is anyone currently accepted to UBC planning to decline UBC's offer in favor of a different program? Just trying to estimate if I should expect the wait-list for UBC to move any further. Thanks!

On 4/17/2018 at 6:11 PM, LivieK said:

RE: Waitlist Movement... I was accepted into the UBC OT program yesterday, and I was initially #2 on the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone waiting! 

Thanks for updating us and congrats!!

If anyone else hears back could you update here? I was originally #5 on the UBC MOT waitlist, so I am just wondering if there's been any more movement. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, 2018OT said:

Thanks for updating us and congrats!!

If anyone else hears back could you update here? I was originally #5 on the UBC MOT waitlist, so I am just wondering if there's been any more movement. Thanks!

I checked with the department a few days ago, it only moved 2 so far. You're probably #3 now! 

23 hours ago, OTPsycApp said:

I checked with the department a few days ago, it only moved 2 so far. You're probably #3 now! 

Thanks for letting me know!

1 hour ago, 2018OT said:

I was also accepted off of the waitlist yesterday, and I was initially #5! The list is definitely moving, good luck to everyone still waiting!

2 hours ago, emsquared said:

Waitlist movement update: I accepted an offer to UBC's OT program yesterday. I was originally waitlisted in the #4 spot. Hopefully this helps someone! Goodluck everyone :)

Thanks for letting us know, and congrats guys!! Hopefully the list continues to move a bit more.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:46 AM, OTPsycApp said:

Just wondering, is anyone currently accepted to UBC planning to decline UBC's offer in favor of a different program? Just trying to estimate if I should expect the wait-list for UBC to move any further. Thanks!

Did you contact them on the mot.admissions@ubc.ca email, or reply to the person that sent the waitlist offer?

3 hours ago, OTPsycApp said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that the waitlist for UBC OT is still moving slowly (moved 1 position this past June) and they accept until the first week of September :) 

How many positions has it moved in total now, 6/7?