Premed 101 Forums

Myers-Briggs Personality Type and Medical Specialities

25 minutes ago, End Poverty said:

I did not know that you can do it with e-mails. I just tried it with my emails and it said that I was an ISFJ. My psychological gender is 95% female - the epitome of femininity. It was quite accurate when I did it with my e-mails :). It's definitely a cool website.

My sister is quite extraverted - she got an E when she did the test with her Facebook, and I when she did it with her e-mails.

I haven't tried it but I personally tend to only write emails for formal purposes like academic communications and whatnot. I guess the formal wording might make one look introverted (if your email communications also are rather formal).

• 2 weeks later...

I am an off the charts ENTP. I am in internal medicine, with interests in critical care and oncology. I see my type come out most when interviewing a patient, when teaching a med student at the bedside, and when throwing out differentials and presenting cases on the fly. I am often accused of and/or praised for out of the box thinking.

Apart from internal, I had an affinity for general surgery and psychiatry. Always found the breadth and pace of family and ER to be overwhelming and intimidating. Found most surgical sub-specialities too shallow or repetitive. Anesthesia too slow and repetitive.

Internal feels like a good fit.

Archived