Premed 101 Forums

Question Re. Official Transcripts

I feel like this is going to sound like a silly question but does anyone know the exact address I should ask my undergraduate university to email my official transcripts to? I'm guessing it will the address for the office of admissions (1010 Sherbrooke St. W., Suite 1210) but I just want to be sure before I order them. 

Thanks so much! 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't get an e-mail or extra notification about sending in an "official" transcript. Minerva has a spot for Univ/College transcript, and Official Univ/college transcript. I read somewhere that unofficials should be okay unless officials are specifically requested. I've never been sent a notification about an official. For those that are sending in official copies now, is it because you were specifically asked? 

20 minutes ago, Organeer said:

Didn't get an e-mail or extra notification about sending in an "official" transcript. Minerva has a spot for Univ/College transcript, and Official Univ/college transcript. I read somewhere that unofficials should be okay unless officials are specifically requested. I've never been sent a notification about an official. For those that are sending in official copies now, is it because you were specifically asked? 

Since it's in your checklist, you're required to provide it. This was also stated in one of the conditions of acceptance documents (MAAF) that was part of your acceptance letter. Send yours in!

Did anyone who sent theirs in get their checklist updated yet? It's been 3 weeks and they haven't processed mine yet 

Ah right - when I read it the first time I figured there are probably still a lot of applicants who are finishing up their degree now and will be sending it later. I am going to send mine in now. I messed up and didn't remember to cue in here. 

Thanks Eudaimonia

35 minutes ago, HoopDreams said:

I did and it took about 4 weeks as well. They are busy with a load of other stuff but I wouldn't worry! :)

Do you mean that it has been processed after 4 weeks, or that it's been 4 weeks already but still not processed?

Also, did they process the MAAF for you guys yet? Mine still has the "Upload New Version" option next to it and that means it's not yet been processed right?

Hey folks,

Is it absolutely required to upload the official transcripts? I thought we were to send them only if we were asked to, for instance if you didn't completed a course to finish your degree on which you were evaluated. Where did you read that you have to upload the official transcripts? 

Also, to whom do you send them and what is the deadline to do so??

12 minutes ago, SMT said:

Hey folks,

Is it absolutely required to upload the official transcripts? I thought we were to send them only if we were asked to, for instance if you didn't completed a course to finish your degree on which you were evaluated. Where did you read that you have to upload the official transcripts? 

Also, to whom do you send them and what is the deadline to do so??

Reading the MAAF states that it has do be done before July 1st or 31st, can't remember which. I posted mine to the Admissions Office.

Just now, HoopDreams said:

Reading the MAAF states that it has do be done before July 1st or 31st, can't remember which. I posted mine to the Admissions Office.

Thank you sweet prince!

Did you send it by email or by mail? Is scanning and forwarding them to the admission office mail enough?

1 hour ago, HoopDreams said:

I did and it took about 4 weeks as well. They are busy with a load of other stuff but I wouldn't worry! :)

Oh yes I just checked and it was processed Friday! (they must've updated it after I did my compulsory daily check) Now if only the health authorities would send me back my vaccination records...

@SMT You must send official (ie not scanned) copies to the address written in the first post of this thread. Even if all your courses were already completed, this is the time they verify that your workbook and unofficial transcripts you submitted match your official transcript

1 hour ago, Eudaimonia said:

Even if all your courses were already completed, this is the time they verify that your workbook and unofficial transcripts you submitted match your official transcript

Do they really verify if my workbook match my official transcript? I'm curious: didn't they already verify that my workbook matched my unofficial transcript? In which case, wouldn't they just have to verify that my official and unofficial transcripts are the same?

1 minute ago, SMT said:

Do they really verify if my workbook match my official transcript? I'm curious: didn't they already verify that my workbook matched my unofficial transcript? In which case, wouldn't they just have to verify that my official and unofficial transcripts are the same?

I didn't necessarily mean they'll re-check all that. But in the end all 3 should match

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3 "transcript" categories:

College/University Transcript - received back in 2017 for the application.

Official University Transcript - received April 2018 after I sent mine in, after my post earlier in this thread. I'm done my undergraduate degree for which my application was considered and it was in this transcript.

There's a third category: Final Official Univ Transcript - Not yet received/processed

what's the third category?

5 hours ago, Organeer said:

I have 3 "transcript" categories:

College/University Transcript - received back in 2017 for the application.

Official University Transcript - received April 2018 after I sent mine in, after my post earlier in this thread. I'm done my undergraduate degree for which my application was considered and it was in this transcript.

There's a third category: Final Official Univ Transcript - Not yet received/processed

what's the third category?

My official and final transcript were both updated when I sent mine in in April and I'm also done my undergraduate. Currently in a graduate degree so I don't think current courses should prevent that from being accepted. I guess they just haven't updated that yet but you should have done everything you need to

14 minutes ago, Organeer said:

This is odd! Did you tell them when you're defending? 

I did but Mcgill doesn't even require that you finish other degrees prior to starting so they didn't care at all about my MSc transcript. I don't think it's an issue but can just email them for peace of mind

I'm on the same boat. I am finishing graduate studies but they accepted my undergrad official transcript. My status on minerva states that the transcripts have all been received. Plus, they only consider undergrad grades for admission so I don't think they need updated grad transcript.

Edit: I just called them and they said that once I defend, I should send another transcript before orientation week, if possible, stating that my graduate degree is conferred. But, I was told that it's good that I sent an incomplete transcript before July 31st as long as I explain my circumstance via email.

1 hour ago, Neji3 said:

I'm on the same boat. I am finishing graduate studies but they accepted my undergrad official transcript. My status on minerva states that the transcripts have all been received. Plus, they only consider undergrad grades for admission so I don't think they need updated grad transcript.

Edit: I just called them and they said that once I defend, I should send another transcript before orientation week, if possible, stating that my graduate degree is conferred. But, I was told that it's good that I sent an incomplete transcript before July 31st as long as I explain my circumstance via email.

Hm why would they be interested in your graduate transcript? If you were to continue with it during your med studies, maybe there's paperwork to be done. In my email correspondence they never mentioned about sending my completed transcript later, especially since all transcript items are completed in my checklist

4 hours ago, Eudaimonia said:

Hm why would they be interested in your graduate transcript? If you were to continue with it during your med studies, maybe there's paperwork to be done. In my email correspondence they never mentioned about sending my completed transcript later, especially since all transcript items are completed in my checklist

Yeah, I found it strange as well since I know of people who have defended their grad studies in the fall of med school. Maybe they're trying to be more strict this year? It also might depend on who responded to you. The administrative staff may have different opinions on the matter. Anyway, I might contact them again after I defend to see if they want the updated transcript.

Archived