Premed 101 Forums

Is it a big deal to get cut off at the end of stations?

3 hours ago, mew said:

In 3/4 of my stations, I got cut off mid-story by the buzzer and had to leave before I could finish. I know that's not a big deal in MMIs but does anybody know if it's a bad thing in the MPI?

Not unless it's a reflection of poor interview skills. If you got on well with the interviewer, made good points etc...getting cut off means nothing at all.

If you got cut off because you couldn't make a point in the allotted time and beat around the bush a lot, then that's a problem.

20 minutes ago, PhD2MD said:

Not unless it's a reflection of poor interview skills. If you got on well with the interviewer, made good points etc...getting cut off means nothing at all.

If you got cut off because you couldn't make a point in the allotted time and beat around the bush a lot, then that's a problem.

Ok, thanks- that makes me feel a bit better :) In each of the occasions I'm thinking about the interviewer had asked me a new question (i.e. not a follow-up question) after the 2 minute warning had gone, so while I felt I was presenting everything clearly, I just didn't have enough time to finish. But I'm glad to hear that it's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Archived