Premed 101 Forums

USask Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2018

Accepted!

IP

GPA- like 91ish, I forget the exact number

DAT- 21RC 24AA 23PAT

Interview- Literally just said 'screw it' and winged it. I was just completely myself

I think I will be declining for U of T. Good luck to all the waitlisters! I'm sure that'll make someone's day :)

I went to U of S for 3 years of my undergrad. Those who are accepting, you'll love it! The health science building and library are brand new and beautiful. Plus a Tims right in the atrium! Saskatoon is a lovely and beautiful city, just don't pack away your parka till May haha! ;)

33 minutes ago, MPM1010 said:

Does anyone have any insight on paying the $5000 deposit, but also waiting to hear from Schulich? 

Happened to me last year. Had to pay the deposit even though I waited till the last possible moment to hear from Schulich. I’d say pay it two days before it’s due just in case schulich releases their results.

13 hours ago, Dentty56 said:

I heard that there are 5 people in each IP third but idk if that’s true. Also heard that around 5 people usually get in off the waitlist 

I know it is usually 3 to 4 people in each group depend on the year.so In total its 9 to 12 not more.

last two years, the IP waitlist was cleared and everybody from waitlist got in because they accepted somewhere else or they got in to the medicine.

so hopefully this year is same.

one of my friend was waitlist bottom third and she is in first year now.

please if anyone has other stats on the IP waitlist share it.

Thanks

3 hours ago, nil said:

I know it is usually 3 to 4 people in each group depend on the year.so In total its 9 to 12 not more.

last two years, the IP waitlist was cleared and everybody from waitlist got in because they accepted somewhere else or they got in to the medicine.

so hopefully this year is same.

one of my friend was waitlist bottom third and she is in first year now.

please if anyone has other stats on the IP waitlist share it.

Thanks

That is incorrect. Two years ago the waitlist did not clear, however it did make it to the middle. This past cycle, it did hit the bottom, however, did not fully clear. If you are on the waitlist, the odds are in your favor. Goodluck!

On 4/12/2018 at 5:30 PM, nil said:

last year, my friend was the 11th in the IP waitlist and she got in. thats why I said last year it cleared.

there was another individual who got in after her. 

also, it did go into the bottom third 2 years ago, but just didn't clear. Anyone on the bottom of the waitlist, you may still have a chance! :)