Premed 101 Forums

Online Physiology Pre-Requisite Courses

Hello all, 

I was hoping some of you have any experience or know about some online Physiology courses across Canada. I need 3 credits of Physiology for the PT prerequisite. I have found these courses below.

Any information about these courses or others would be great...Thanks!

BIOL 273: Principles of Human Physiology 1: University of Waterloo

BIOL 204: Human Physiology 1: University of Windsor 

BIOM 2000: Concepts in Human Physiology: University of Guelph

PHGY 210: Physiology for Health Sciences: Queens 

I took BIOM 2000 to up my grade in my phys course from my Uni. I took it as a distance education course and I highly recommend it. 2 exams and weekly quizzes. Final I took in my town at a distance education centre. Divided by each system, rest of exams were online. Much more basic than the one I took at my school, which was all cell based. This one discussed every system in a great format. All content was on the course site, no lectures to watch, which I enjoyed personally and I just rented the textbook online. Did very well and totally recommend! Got my transcript from them to universities with no problem when applying as well. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:44 PM, NorthernO said:

I took BIOM 2000 to up my grade in my phys course from my Uni. I took it as a distance education course and I highly recommend it. 2 exams and weekly quizzes. Final I took in my town at a distance education centre. Divided by each system, rest of exams were online. Much more basic than the one I took at my school, which was all cell based. This one discussed every system in a great format. All content was on the course site, no lectures to watch, which I enjoyed personally and I just rented the textbook online. Did very well and totally recommend! Got my transcript from them to universities with no problem when applying as well. 

Okay great, thank you. I agree that this course does not seem too difficult. Did you take it in the winter term? Because the only opening I find is during the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

I failed to get in PT. Now will apply in next term in Occupational Therapy in Ontario and Outside Ontario  .My GPA was 3.2  .Kindly let me know which Online/Distance courses are best to boost my GPA to 3.9, please   . I have low GPA  with Anatomy,physio,bio,physics,statistics, General psychology,Developmental  Psychology,English writing,English composition and sociology. General chemistry but No biochemistry,no Organic 
chemistry.  .. .Please help.

Archived