Premed 101 Forums

Admissions Decisions Released Next Week :o

On their website:

We anticipate having admission decisions completed the week of April 23, 2018. Best of luck!

Maybe this is to make up for releasing their interview decisions so late ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I think this message is just saying they'll complete their decisions by next week, not that we'll have the results next week.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said I was not going to check these forums until the beginning of May!  But there was action at U of C and now U of A!  Regarding this notice on their site, It could be taken either way.  I think they will release next week because of the "Best of luck!" at the end.  Just my $.02  :rolleyes: Another stressful week coming up!:eek:

16 hours ago, CLIC5A said:

On their website:

We anticipate having admission decisions completed the week of April 23, 2018. Best of luck!

EDIT: Nevermind, I think this message is just saying they'll complete their decisions by next week, not that we'll have the results next week.

Omg, I’m glad to hear their they’re done so soon, but my heart is not prepared for this.

I’ve been alternating through cycles of confidence and despair.

Do they send the results to the U of A email?

15 hours ago, Butterfly_ said:

Omg, I’m glad to hear their they’re done so soon, but my heart is not prepared for this.

I’ve been alternating through cycles of confidence and despair.

Do they send the results to the U of A email?

My guess would be yes, but I don't have previous experience with this. But that's how they sent out interview invites, so it seems like that's how they'd notify us of offers!

On 4/20/2018 at 12:10 AM, CLIC5A said:

On their website:

Sorry, I'm still a little confused. Do we know if we are receiving our results next week, or simply that the decisions for the results have been made? Be still my beating heart...

26 minutes ago, Persephone said:

How long do they usually give to accept offers at U of A? If I happen to be so lucky as to get one I want to have enough time to hear from UBC on May 11th before accepting anything.

I’m pretty sure they give at least 2 weeks, so you’ll be fine to wait until UBC. 

Calgary’s offers that just came out had a deadline of end of May, about 4 weeks (from what I read on the other thread).

8 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

I’m pretty sure they give at least 2 weeks, so you’ll be fine to wait until UBC. 

Calgary’s offers that just came out had a deadline of end of May, about 4 weeks (from what I read on the other thread).

If it's only 2 weeks and it comes out earlier than Friday, then that wouldn't get us to May 11th for an acceptance deadline :S Hopefully it's longer than that or the decision comes out on Friday! That U of Calgary info is very promising, thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Persephone said:

If it's only 2 weeks and it comes out earlier than Friday, then that wouldn't get us to May 11th for an acceptance deadline :S Hopefully it's longer than that or the decision comes out on Friday! That U of Calgary info is very promising, thank you! :)

The deadline to respond to the offer will not be earlier than May 15th.

1 hour ago, Livinalberta said:

TODAY?:unsure:

I was looking forward to this post :D

I suspect it'll be later in the week... but then again, they let us know on Thursday, rather than Friday, which suggests that they're not super overwhelmed with ranking...

I swear to god I'm going crazy here -- I'm even overanalyzing the timing of the post!

32 minutes ago, insomnias said:

I was looking forward to this post :D

I suspect it'll be later in the week... but then again, they let us know on Thursday, rather than Friday, which suggests that they're not super overwhelmed with ranking...

I swear to god I'm going crazy here -- I'm even overanalyzing the timing of the post!

Completely the same. This waiting is driving me nuts.  I feeling both freaked out and excited for the results. AHHH!!!

For those of you who want to know now, check the admissions website. The decisions have been released (though the emails have yet to be sent. Letters are dated for tomorrow so I gather they're not sending the emails out until tomorrow). Good luck!

8 minutes ago, M780 said:

For those of you who want to know now, check the admissions website. The decisions have been released (though the emails have yet to be sent. Letters are dated for tomorrow so I gather they're not sending the emails out until tomorrow). Good luck!

where does it say that? All I see is:

Subject
Admission Decisions

Timestamp
2018-04-19 15:49

11 minutes ago, M780 said:

I don't see anything on the admissions website. Care to elaborate? 

Edit: Click on documents after logging in. Its uploaded there

Archived