Premed 101 Forums

Admissions Decisions Released Next Week :o

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, toomuchcoffee said:

me being super paranoid but does anyone's say they didnt get in haha........ i want to freak out and stuff but no one has posted saying they didnt get in lol

I thought that too! Then saw that someone was waitlisted so got over it haha

12 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

Rejected! I guess that I did not read my interviewers as well as I thought!  Here comes a Masters or a year of employment to gear up for the next cycle!  Congrats to all of the accepted!

I'm saddened to hear this, but am confident you will do well in your gap year and carry your enthusiasm forward until next year :) 

17 minutes ago, Livinalberta said:

Rejected! I guess that I did not read my interviewers as well as I thought!  Here comes a Masters or a year of employment to gear up for the next cycle!  Congrats to all of the accepted!

Sorry to hear this. Don't give up!

I'm on the waitlist :(

I finished my masters back in March but I forgot to resend my transcripts confirming this. Such a dumb mistake on my part maybe those few points could have been the difference. Anyways I've notified the admissions and sent in my transcript so that should bump me up the waitlist. Nothing I can do now but wait.

41 minutes ago, silver_08 said:

I didn't get in :(

Starting to feel like this isn't my year. I had 4 interviews, like what went wrong??? :(

Hey,

I was in a similar situation the last cycle. It really sucks to make it so close to your goal only to fall just slightly short. If you feel like you're going to apply next year, take this as a learning opportunity. You now have an idea of what the MMI is actually like (which, let's be face it, isn't something that's in any of the prep books out there), and you'll be all the more prepared next time. Take the time to reflect upon this experience, and prepare yourself to come back stronger if you want to -- or to drive yourself forward into whatever you decide to pursue. If you want to talk to anyone, don't hesitate to PM me.

3 minutes ago, insomnias said:

Hey,

I was in a similar situation the last cycle. It really sucks to make it so close to your goal only to fall just slightly short. If you feel like you're going to apply next year, take this as a learning opportunity. You now have an idea of what the MMI is actually like (which, let's be face it, isn't something that's in any of the prep books out there), and you'll be all the more prepared next time. Take the time to reflect upon this experience, and prepare yourself to come back stronger if you want to -- or to drive yourself forward into whatever you decide to pursue. If you want to talk to anyone, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks for the condolences, but this is my second year applying. Getting rejected at the interview level multiple times really stings. I don't know how to regroup and refocus my energy. My last 2 interviews (both in Ontario) could still work out, but right now I'm only anticipating rejection. 

Does anyone know how the interview is weighted? Seems to be just a pass/fail on the feedback letter. My PA score is the one that has me scratching my head, it's so low I'm questioning why I got an interview invite in the first place.

1 hour ago, Livinalberta said:

Thank you so much for always being a positive and encouraging presence on the forum. 

I wish you best of luck next year and I believe in you!!!!!

25 minutes ago, silver_08 said:

Thanks for the condolences, but this is my second year applying. Getting rejected at the interview level multiple times really stings. I don't know how to regroup and refocus my energy. My last 2 interviews (both in Ontario) could still work out, but right now I'm only anticipating rejection. 

Where are you located? If you are currently in Calgary, we can meet and can discuss your interview performance.

Archived