Premed 101 Forums

Decisions Next Week?

7 minutes ago, TheC0median said:

Why do you think that?

Probably because of this (in the thread about verifiers being contacted):

3 hours ago, Livinalberta said:

Ok....I was going to stay away until The beginning of May!  But it seems like there is a little action around here.  Here is a quote from Dr. Walker's blog :)

"We never commit to anything firmly, since there are too many factors that can come into play. That said, I suspect it will be before the end of the first week of May. I will also say that we will not sit on the decision unnecessarily. In other words, when we are ready to make offers, we will make them."

U of C was early with their interview invites....maybe they will be early with their Admissions! :unsure::)

Although that would suggest that it would be the week after next. In my case, it's quite funny: I have an interview with a top 3 firm on May 4. That interview ceases to matter if I get in... and if I don't, it starts to matter a lot more haha. One of my nightmares has been receiving a rejection the day before/of that interview

I just got an invite email so maybe they are sending out some today, but not sure if it all comes at the same time or on a rolling basis. Also, none of my verifiers mentioned anything about being contacted. Also the email acceptance came through my regular gmail so I'm not even sure if it's official. If I could remember my UCAN password I would check there! good luck.

Sorry you didn't get accepted at UofC right away - but could you not still get accepted if others decline? I seem to know way less about how this whole process works (compared to others on this forum) , but even though you didn't get accepted, don't you go on a waitlist? Isn't there hope that you might get a spot as others choose to decline their offers?

3 minutes ago, hockey said:

Sorry you didn't get accepted at UofC right away - but could you not still get accepted if others decline? I seem to know way less about how this whole process works (compared to others on this forum) , but even though you didn't get accepted, don't you go on a waitlist? Isn't there hope that you might get a spot as others choose to decline their offers?

With most schools there are three types of emails you could receive: accepted, waitlisted or rejected. If you get a rejection it is final. The waitlist category is obviously a potential acceptance should you be near enough to the top of the list and enough people decline their offers of admission.

2 hours ago, indi said:

I think the email said May 25 was the deadline to accept

This is the same deadline we were told with the U of S.  At interviews they told us emails will go out May 15th, and responses will be due May 25th.  It's nice to see they are giving everyone a chance to see what the other schools say before responding.

Archived