Premed 101 Forums

Medicine Subspecialty Match- Grading

Hi!

I'm an internal medecine resident from Québec. I have the intention to apply to some english medical schools for the medecine subspecialty match. We still have grading (A+, B+, C, etc) for the rotations we have as residents, with comments explicitly explaining how the rotation went. I know much of med schools adopted Pass/fail, is it the same for residency programs? And do you have comments on your rotations?

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Iceboy3000 said:

Hi!

I'm an internal medecine resident from Québec. I have the intention to apply to some english medical schools for the medecine subspecialty match. We still have grading (A+, B+, C, etc) for the rotations we have as residents, with comments explicitly explaining how the rotation went. I know much of med schools adopted Pass/fail, is it the same for residency programs? And do you have comments on your rotations?

Thank you!

The ITERs at U of T are marked on a numerical scale from 1 (unsatisfactory) to 5 (outstanding) with associated comments.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, ellorie said:

The ITERs at U of T are marked on a numerical scale from 1 (unsatisfactory) to 5 (outstanding) with associated comments.

I would also say at U of T for residency they were often pretty lazily done.  Like for some rotations I got all 5's or all 3's with no comments and I feel my performance was pretty consistent throughout.  Some staff will put effort into them, but most didn't, and it would be a shame if they were actually used for something important (I didn't do a fellowship so they didn't matter to me)

34 minutes ago, goleafsgochris said:

I would also say at U of T for residency they were often pretty lazily done.  Like for some rotations I got all 5's or all 3's with no comments and I feel my performance was pretty consistent throughout.  Some staff will put effort into them, but most didn't, and it would be a shame if they were actually used for something important (I didn't do a fellowship so they didn't matter to me)

Depends on the specialty I guess. Mine are typically quite detailed but then I work closely with my supervisors, usually for 6-12 months straight because we are on a different block schedule. 

Archived