Premed 101 Forums
ToughLuck

What is everybody using at med school?

9 hours ago, lmck said:

Has anyone tried the new iPad? It’s not the Pro but it’s at a much more budget-friendly. It also works with the Apple Pencil. 

new iPad has higher latency because it's not running a 120Hz screen like the Pros are. Writing is slightly less responsive. The screen is also smaller (9.7 vs 12.9/10.5)

that being said, the only way to know if this will bother you or not is to go to an Apple store and try it out. I watched tons of reviews on Youtube and spent hours deliberating, but the only thing that really helped me make my mind up was to go to a store, download a couple papers, and write with the pencil as if i were actually studying for a couple mins on each device. Sounds really stupid though now that I type it out lmao

Edit: FYI WWDC is coming up in less than 2 weeks. If you plan on getting a brand new iPad I would wait because last year the new Pros were announced during WWDC. Don't pay full price for an older device if you can

However, at the risk of sounding like an Apple shill, if you want a deal on an iPad but don't want the hassle/uncertainty of eBay/Kijiji/Craigslist, I would check out Apple's own refurbished store (https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/ipad_pro_105/wi_fi). They are usually 10-15% cheaper and you can find last generation devices on there. So if you don't need to absolutely have the newest iPad I'd go for one of these. I personally got the 10.5 Pro and it's basically new