Premed 101 Forums

Hi Everyone, 

I'm a 1st year OT student at Queens, and I will be looking for 3 people to join my house beginning in September. Its a two unit, and I live in the basement unit with another 1st year OT, but the upstairs I will be looking for 3 people. I figured I would create a platform where people searching for housing can also look for a roommate, as I think it would be great to have a house of OT/PT students. Once you get your acceptances there will be a facebook group created, and that also works as one excellent platform, so I highly recommend you join that as well. If you have any housing questions, or general questions about the OT program at Queens shoot me a message, I'd be happy to help :) 

Looking forward to meeting the class of 2020!

Kind regards, 

Vanessa 

Hmm, one bedrooms aren't too popular, due to cost, but there are a few. You're looking at around 1100 all in. There's a lot of cool above restaurant studios as well.  Shared spaces range from 500-800 per room depending on how many bedrooms are in the house :)

11 hours ago, Future_OT said:

Hmm, one bedrooms aren't too popular, due to cost, but there are a few. You're looking at around 1100 all in. There's a lot of cool above restaurant studios as well.  Shared spaces range from 500-800 per room depending on how many bedrooms are in the house :)

Oh gosh. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a 1 bedroom in a post-grad intensive program. But that's pretty pricy!

Yea not at all, I'm the same. Your best bet would be a basement apartment, which you could find for around 800-1000 all inclusive. Housing prices are lower around here, and there's a high demand for rent since Queen's doesn't have a lot of housing, so this drives up the rental prices. 

Archived