Premed 101 Forums

UWO schulich dentistry 2018 accepted/rejected/waitlist

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Incisor94 said:

Congrats to those who have been admitted! We look forward to meeting you all in September! And to those waitlisted, be patient and try to see if they can give you more information about your position in the next few days. Good luck!

do they take a while to reply for an email with regards to waitlist? i emailed them at 12:02 am so they see it first thing in the morning. i hope it's not "few days"

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted

GPA: 90%

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 21/21/21

Interview performance (personal opinion): Honestly thought it didn't go too well. Got cut off for rambling after my first answer. Didn't feel like I was able to show who I was through personal examples. I guess my initial feeling was not accurate at all.

IP/OOP: IP

Year: 4th year

Accepted

88.3% 

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 21/20/18

Interview: While I didn't feel that I was prepared for this kind of interview compared to how I prepared, I was able to be very personable and relatable while doing my best answering the questions. Walked out feeling great overall (of course you always doubt what you said after), lots of jokes and aside discussions with my panel in the interview. 

IP

ABS: Strong - Dental Research, employment in healthcare, publications, shadowing, long-term community service e.g. Youth/Kids, refugees, etc. and diverse ECs (e.g. play various musical instruments, performing, etc.).  

Year: Completing 1 year Master's 

Tip: Everyone told me this before and it never made sense until now. The cliche is correct -- be yourself. The more you show your "human" side throughout your applications and interview - tell jokes, be empathetic, show your passion etc--  the better your chances. Dont be robotic in your answers and ur prep etc. :) Good luck.  

" More information regarding your ranked waitlist position can be obtained by emailing admissions.dentistry@schulich.uwo.ca with your OUAC Reference Number" is a quote straight out of the letter from student center, and then when I contacted that email i get "We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List" now i'm dying on the inside. Smh 

Waitlisted

GPA: 89.7% best two 

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 23/18/20

Interview performance (personal opinion): I felt pretty good about it, except my community member had a really strong accent and had to ask him to repeat himself for a couple questions. I guess they thought otherwise.  

Year: graduated 

9 minutes ago, risaac said:

" More information regarding your ranked waitlist position can be obtained by emailing admissions.dentistry@schulich.uwo.ca with your OUAC Reference Number" is a quote straight out of the letter from student center, and then when I contacted that email i get "We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List" now i'm dying on the inside. Smh 

I got the same response, that's pretty annoying

Do they not even tell us high/middle/low WL?

31 minutes ago, risaac said:

that's what I thought, but i guess not? if anybody else gets a different response please post about it here. 

I got the same response. And then it was written “Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school.”

Waitlisted too! 

GPA: I'm not quite sure- if it's best two years then I think around 3.96

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 23/19/17 

Interview performance (personal opinion): I felt I did so bad because my interviewers didn't really have any expression so I thought they must not like me. 

ABS/PS: I think this was the best part of my application. I spent a good time writing it had many experiences (work dental shadowing volunteering ECs research also living in developing country)

Year: 4 

Although the email will not say directly if you are high/mid/low on the waitlist, the wording of the response may provide some indication as to where you rank on the WL. From last years thread, it was reported that:

High
"In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Normal
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."

Low
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission. While there are no certainties, we wanted to communicate this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making decisions about your future."

Best of luck!

Accepted!!

GPA: 91%

DAT (AA/RC/PAT): 23/19/21

Interview performance (personal opinion): I thought it went good! I just really be friendly. I tried to explain EVERYTHING I would do in a situation, from taking a deep breath to my thought process as if I was in the real situation. Also so so friendly, they laughed when I messed up my words and told me to take my time. Just seemed more of a conversation than an interview minus the scribbling they were doing on their papers. We had a good chat after it was all done too.

IP/OOP: OOP

Year: BSc completed two years ago

As for my EC, I shadowed two different dentists, not that long or anything. Worked all throughout undergrad and I did some research too

56 minutes ago, driller said:

I got the same response. And then it was written “Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school.”

i got the same email 

14 minutes ago, OVO-XO said:

Although the email will not say directly if you are high/mid/low on the waitlist, the wording of the response may provide some indication as to where you rank on the WL. From last years thread, it was reported that:

High
"In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Normal
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."

Low
"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission. While there are no certainties, we wanted to communicate this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making decisions about your future."

Best of luck!

Has anyone out there received an email with the high waitlist wording mentioned above yet? If so, who signed your email? I read a post from last year saying Catherine Saunders didn't provide ranking info to anyone, but other admissions coordinators did. 

16 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

What is the best, most creative way I should surprise my family? Hopefully, UWO doesn't phone my house and tell them before I do lol.

Don't worry, they won't call if you were accepted right away and not waitlisted.

Archived