Premed 101 Forums

Looking for a CARS tutor

I found Exam Kracker's advice helpful. I would say read [any kind of literature] in your free time- whatever you enjoy. This will enable you to develop some speed while simultaneously analyzing and understanding what you're reading. As for MCAT passages, as you read, try formulating what the author is trying to say in the passage. Be the author; become the author and adopt his views, and answer questions accordingly. That's what I did and it certainly paid off twice (I had to retake the new MCAT). And lastly, practice :)

I scored 11 in old MCAT and 130 in new-MCAT.

9 hours ago, theiintig said:

I found Exam Kracker's advice helpful. I would say read [any kind of literature] in your free time- whatever you enjoy. This will enable you to develop some speed while simultaneously analyzing and understanding what you're reading. As for MCAT passages, as you read, try formulating what the author is trying to say in the passage. Be the author; become the author and adopt his views, and answer questions accordingly. That's what I did and it certainly paid off twice (I had to retake the new MCAT). And lastly, practice :)

I scored 11 in old MCAT and 130 in new-MCAT.

I also found TPR In class compendium and the TPR verbal workbook to be super helpful. I also made sure I finished the 108 Next Step verbal passages.

Archived