Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist/Rejection

7 minutes ago, m_jacob_45 said:

Everybody is placed on the waitlist. In the past, they have had 2 differently worded waitlist letters that indicate if you're towards the top or the bottom, but last year all the letters were the same. 

There was talk of reinstating those 2 letters this year after the dissatisfaction that was expressed last year. Would be good to revert to that 

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, this is an old thread but still relevant obvi.

I'm guessing no one really knows, but does anyone have any insight on how likely you are to get an offer if you are on the good waitlist with a very high wGPA (>3.99)? I mean I guess you can be very high on a decent interview bin (3.5) and thus very likely to get an offer, or you can be very high on a mediocre bin (2.5) and likely not get an offer. Anyone have anything to add to this interpretation? Thanks so much!!

2 hours ago, Inittowinit said:

Hey everyone, this is an old thread but still relevant obvi.

I'm guessing no one really knows, but does anyone have any insight on how likely you are to get an offer if you are on the good waitlist with a very high wGPA (>3.99)? I mean I guess you can be very high on a decent interview bin (3.5) and thus very likely to get an offer, or you can be very high on a mediocre bin (2.5) and likely not get an offer. Anyone have anything to add to this interpretation? Thanks so much!!

You're correct in that if you're in the 3.5 bin you're almost guaranteed an acceptance, but if you're in the 2.5 bin, extremely low chance of an acceptance. It's hard to predict how much movement there will be this year. Last year, there was less movement than usual. I would keep an eye out on where the waitlist is and if it surpasses 3.99 I would err on the side of moving on just for your own mental sake.

16 hours ago, Ervin said:

You're correct in that if you're in the 3.5 bin you're almost guaranteed an acceptance, but if you're in the 2.5 bin, extremely low chance of an acceptance. It's hard to predict how much movement there will be this year. Last year, there was less movement than usual. I would keep an eye out on where the waitlist is and if it surpasses 3.99 I would err on the side of moving on just for your own mental sake.

What do you mean surpasses 3.99? Are you taking about wGPA? If so, how can you really get better without getting a 4.00? I’m just confused haha

5 minutes ago, TheMoonshot said:

What do you mean surpasses 3.99? Are you taking about wGPA? If so, how can you really get better without getting a 4.00? I’m just confused haha

I think Ervin means that if the waitlist moves below 3.99 then someone with a 3.99 who does not get an offer is not in that bin and should therefore err on the side of caution and hope that the waitlist moves to the next bin.

2 minutes ago, Inittowinit said:

I think Ervin means that if the waitlist moves below 3.99 then someone with a 3.99 who does not get an offer is not in that bin and should therefore err on the side of caution and hope that the waitlist moves to the next bin.

Ah that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying!