Premed 101 Forums

2017/2018 waitlist thread

8 hours ago, WaitlistedOhEmGee said:

Hey everyone, I just noticed that when you open your waitlist offer letter, the file name has numbers. What numbers do you guys have? I think the first number may be your place on the waitlist and the second number how many people were waitlisted. Alternatively, the numbers may mean nothing

My 2nd number is 131 - does that seem high for an amount of people waitlisted or no? I have no idea

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I’m IP and was accepted this morning as well. Just posting because I know how hard the wait is and how unsettling it is to have questions that are unanswered. So yes the IP waitlist has already moved, and deadline to reply is June 4th. So hopefully you guys hear something around that time. Good luck everybody! 

7 hours ago, Applied6times said:

Hey guys, I’m IP and was accepted this morning as well. Just posting because I know how hard the wait is and how unsettling it is to have questions that are unanswered. So yes the IP waitlist has already moved, and deadline to reply is June 4th. So hopefully you guys hear something around that time. Good luck everybody! 

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. I believe the WL moves depending on your final score, regardless of your IP or OOP status.

Hello friends and future colleagues, 

I am an OOP I got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. got the email at 10:23 am also. I will be declining the offer since I got into my first choice in Ontario, my home province. Congrats to everyone who gets in and best of luck!!! 

- Eugene the Eukaryote  

I'm an OOP and I just got accepted off the waitlist today at 12:25 PM CT. I'll likely be accepting my offer!

I've been silently watching the forums up until now but I thought I'd break my silence to update you all as I know that the wait is hard.

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist! 

I believe most of the movement happens in the first few days, unfortunately :( They will probably do it from now whenever someone declines their offer on an individual basis. I ve heard of stories of  people who got offers 1 week before school starts but these individuals got into medicine almost 5 years ago.

do you think theres much hope for there being a fair amount of movement on monday? the first batch came in on the 24th in the morning. between that time and when the office closed today on the 25th, could there have been a decent number of people who waited until the last second to respond to their initial offer?

also once uofc WL starts to move, do you think a decent amount of people who accepted UofA will change their mind?

48 minutes ago, anon5678 said:

do you think theres much hope for there being a fair amount of movement on monday? the first batch came in on the 24th in the morning. between that time and when the office closed today on the 25th, could there have been a decent number of people who waited until the last second to respond to their initial offer?

also once uofc WL starts to move, do you think a decent amount of people who accepted UofA will change their mind?

I feel that once U of C WL starts to move there will also be some movement at U of A. I feel that on Monday they will send another wave of offers. I am sure some people left declining their offers till the last day...

I am WL  at both schools, do you know traditionally which school typically has more WL movement? Are you WL at both schools?

Archived