Premed 101 Forums

UofT/UWO Waitlist movement

52 minutes ago, member 12345679 said:

Question,  my original waitlist letter sounded like I was on the normal waiting list, but when I asked in July the wording sounded like the high waiting list? Can you move to HWL, or is it only the first 20 people and doesn't change? 
Fingers crossed it'll move in August (last year looks like roughly 8 people got off the waitlist after first installment of tuition was due) 

Where did you hear that the waitlist moved 8 people in August for Schulich? My understanding was that it only moved 3 spots in July and that was it. By the way good luck! I hope all of us get off the HWL:) 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@easyteeth 

1 hour ago, Easyteeth said:

@member 12345679
Do you mean 8 ppl after security deposit in June, or installment in August?

This was incorrect, I was looking at last year's forum and it was 8 people who were admitted into the Facebook group (After installment in August) @molarpower was correct it was 3 people :(. Fingers crossed for everyone!

1 hour ago, member 12345679 said:

@easyteeth 

This was incorrect, I was looking at last year's forum and it was 8 people who were admitted into the Facebook group (After installment in August) @molarpower was correct it was 3 people :(. Fingers crossed for everyone!

WL for Class of 2021 moved 1 spot after first instalment of tuition was due.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Studyinghurts said:

Got a call Friday (Sept 14) ,  they said it's not usual this happens since classes already started and wanted to know what my situation was since i was next on waitlist . I told them i started school  already 

I guess someone dropped out recently.

Oh wow that is a very rare situation! I wonder if that spot has been filled already on Friday or not? Regardless that person who accepts and gets off the waitlist will be very lucky:) 

14 hours ago, MolarPower said:

Oh wow that is a very rare situation! I wonder if that spot has been filled already on Friday or not? Regardless that person who accepts and gets off the waitlist will be very lucky:) 

I have heard of a couple of past years in which there was someone who left in the first few week or two and a replacement was added. It's not over till it's over!

1 hour ago, MolarPower said:

No clue! I emailed admissions asking for any updates such as if the seat has been filled or not but no response back :( 

Heard from few friends at western that the seat was filled and the new student started today. Western only accepted 55 students this year and they held onto the seat for a deferal student but that student decided to not show up so the seat was allocated to someone else. 

Archived