Premed 101 Forums
medhopeful2018

MPH Application Decisions Date?

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, medhopeful2018 said:

Hey everyone, 

Did anyone apply to the MPH program and hear back yet? Or have any idea when we will hear back? I am interested to know as I have heard back from all the other masters programs I have applied to already. Thanks!!

Hi, When did you hear back afterwards?

Hi! I applied for MPH this year as well. Out of curiosity, for those who were accepted or have been in the program, how competitive do you think it is to get in MUN's MPH? Anyone have been deferred admissions, if so, for what reason/s?

On 2/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, mun_hopefully_md said:

I found out in June last year! Last year the emails came out over a period of several months.

Hi there! Thanks so much for sharing the update. Did you happen to take the MUN MPH program?

I am finding it very hard to compare MUN’s program with other Universities, in terms of post graduate job opportunities & the overall quality. There doesn’t seem to be much information online about whether attending a more established program makes a difference. 

I would also like to apply to medicine after graduate studies. Would you happen to know any statistics from your class, such as the # of students who applied/accepted in MUN medicine? 

Thank you for your time! 

Cheers

9 minutes ago, MPHq said:

Has anyone heard back yet? Also, what application status does everyone have on the MUN self-service website? Does it say ''Application processing has begun"?

Hi, mine says it has begun. However, that's the only thing for now. I presume it may take a little while before we finally hear from them. Just hang in there!

On 4/17/2019 at 3:06 AM, Busy bee_med said:

Hi, mine says it has begun. However, that's the only thing for now. I presume it may take a little while before we finally hear from them. Just hang in there!

Would you mind if I ask when you completed requirements and submitted the application? Mine's on Feb 25, 2019 but status is still ready for review.

6 minutes ago, floreal said:

Would you mind if I ask when you completed requirements and submitted the application? Mine's on Feb 25, 2019 but status is still ready for review.

Completed mine in January although I can't remember the date for sure. However, according to some info I have gathered,  these things take time. They spread out their letters (irrespective of the outcome) through the course of a few months so one can't be certain for now. I know someone that received his in march last year and another late May/June. That's why I advised that u should hang in there cos that's what I am doing at the moment.

1 hour ago, Busy bee_med said:

Completed mine in January although I can't remember the date for sure. However, according to some info I have gathered,  these things take time. They spread out their letters (irrespective of the outcome) through the course of a few months so one can't be certain for now. I know someone that received his in march last year and another late May/June. That's why I advised that u should hang in there cos that's what I am doing at the moment.

Thank you!