Premed 101 Forums

wGPA Eligibility?

Hey guys! So I'm looking at UofT's medical school, and I don't think I qualify for wGPA :(.

I took 4 courses my first semester at University and have taken 5 courses every semester since. I called the Admissions Office and she said that I could still do an Academic Explanations Essay to possibly get some partial courses dropped. Having three courses dropped would help alot! I was wondering if any of you guys have done the Academic Explanations Essay? I only took 4 courses my first semester as I was a bit nervous for the transition from high school to University and didn't want to overwhelm myself. 

I calculated my cGPA (I just finished third year) and right now it's a 3.77 (based on OMSAS's weighting). Do you think I still have a good shot? 

I used academic explanation essay to explain my low grades in a couple of courses and the structure of my program. I gave as much detail as I could, so the reader would understand what I am referring to, including referencing some verifiers from school that could vouch for my explanation.

You really have nothing to lose by just sitting down and writing something up.

Archived