Premed 101 Forums

Taking courses at another university?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on taking a few courses at another university this summer. Some are for degree requirements, and others are just extra courses to boost my overall cGPA. I just wanted to confirm, will courses taken at another university on a letter of permission (and that are not specifically for degree requirements) be counted towards cGPA?

Thanks!

Pretty sure they will be counted, yes. Unless they're courses in a professional program (like teacher's college), any "degree-level" course counts towards your cGPA. I have a bunch of classes that were post-graduating (i.e. I didn't get a degree with them) but at the undergrad level that counted towards my cGPA while applying to Mac.

Just now, Distancea said:

My understanding was that the key to getting your grades to be counted is having a full credit load. Correct me if I am wrong.

McMaster doesn't care how many credits you took in a semester, they just count everything. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, Persephone said:

Pretty sure they will be counted, yes. Unless they're courses in a professional program (like teacher's college), any "degree-level" course counts towards your cGPA. I have a bunch of classes that were post-graduating (i.e. I didn't get a degree with them) but at the undergrad level that counted towards my cGPA while applying to Mac.

McMaster doesn't care how many credits you took in a semester, they just count everything. 

Thanks!

Archived