Premed 101 Forums

Schulich scholarship?

You should contact the Schulich Admissions Office and try to submit an application if you can. The application is quite extensive requiring you to list all your assets, parents' assets and income to demonstrate the financial aid. Med school is expensive but individuals have differing levels of supports from family/friends/banks etc. The school does their best to help those in most need. 

I don't know how useful that piece of information would be to you. In addition to the application, applicants require an essay submission describing their financial need and how they have been dealing with their situation. To my knowledge, the committee that gives the scholarship would probably consider those factors as well before handing out the scholarships. Also the class composition changes from year to year so it is dependent on that. 

If you are factoring this scholarship into your decision to attend Schulich, my only help to you is that scholarships are decided on once the school year begins. You  would not be finding out if you are a recipient before accepting your offer unlike UofT. 

Archived