Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

2 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

So that probably means all first wave of waitlisters were called/emailed before Chantal left. Someone said before that Diane said she wasn’t sure if all calls from first wave were made. 

Honesty, I get it, move on etc. etc. Whatever. But it’s darn near impossible to make firm long-term plans with this hanging over us especially for this long. I get we’re all in the same boat, but I just want a firm ‘no’ so I can solidify my next long-term steps. 

i actually belive they did't have time to finish the first round of calls. they had 3 days to make the first wave of calls, and if you remember the last day (friday) they could not even make the calls they only sent automatic e-mails, they stopped at 3.92 gpa. usually it takes around a week to do the entire first wave of calls, and chantal was absent from then untill now. so highly likely that due to some weird stuff happening they could not finish the first round and now they will go ahead after she's back

46 minutes ago, karl heider said:

i actually belive they did't have time to finish the first round of calls. they had 3 days to make the first wave of calls, and if you remember the last day (friday) they could not even make the calls they only sent automatic e-mails, they stopped at 3.92 gpa. usually it takes around a week to do the entire first wave of calls, and chantal was absent from then untill now. so highly likely that due to some weird stuff happening they could not finish the first round and now they will go ahead after she's back

The only thing I’m certain about all of this is that we are not certain about anything. For all we know, there could be 20 people on the call queue or 5, or 40. All we can do is hope it’a a high #.

Either way, we will know by the end of this week. Try not to think about it too much and focus on other things :) 

Edited by FatherFranklin

I called and I think Chantale picked up. She said that she made phone calls this morning and they have until next week to respond.

If they all accept then the class is full. She also said the ‘class is full’ email usually comes out late-June to early-July.

She refused to answer how many phone calls were made this morning.

I did not ask about the French stream.

4 minutes ago, Howser said:

I got an offer at 1:00pm today.

My cGPA is 4.00.  Got my waitlist email at 7:45:4X.

I know the wait sucks and just wanted to let everyone know that the waiting list is starting to move.  Best of luck to everyone!

English Stream

by what day do you have to accept/decline the offer? and CONGRATS YOU MADE IT :):):)