Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

Just now, Monocyte said:

You mean the system of calling each individual person instead of sending automated emails to the next set of people on the waiting list doesn’t float your boat?  

not the act of calling people, I don't mind that. I don't even mind not being called at all, but what makes me feel not so good about all of this, is there is absolutely no way for me to know if I'am ranked number 1 or number 15 (assuming the good waitlist in the french stream has 15 spots, and as you know the faculty is so transparent it's impossible to know). if I knew my ranking I would plan my life accordingly. of course, it's a gamble since waitlist nothing is assured, but at least I would like to have control over my gambles, whether I want to write the mcat, take summer courses, or just go see my family that i have not seen in 4 years . the lack of information is really injustified in my mind

6 minutes ago, Dendritic cell said:

Received an email from Chantal at 1:46pm! I’m currently traveling out of the country so I will be calling her tonight. 

This really made my day! The waitlist is definitely moving so hold tight to those who are waiting :) hope to see you all in class! 

My weighted gpa is 3.98.

Congrats :)

8 minutes ago, MDwishing said:

Just a heads up for those on the French stream waitlist, the calls have in fact started. I know that someone got called yesterday (May 23rd).  Maybe the first round is done for the French stream?    :( 

are you on the regular french good waitlist ? and do you know the wgpa of the person who got a call yesterday ? 

10 hours ago, MDwishing said:

Just a heads up for those on the French stream waitlist, the calls have in fact started. I know that someone got called yesterday (May 23rd).  Maybe the first round is done for the French stream?    :( 

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think they go by streams when they make the calls. When asked at the presentation, Chantal said that they start at the top of the waitlist and go down. Since it's one big waitlist, the streams are all mixed up, so they keep going down until they fill out all the spots. I don't think they're done with any stream yet. I'm just trying to stay positive lol

1 hour ago, Maggie19 said:

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think they go by streams when they make the calls. When asked at the presentation, Chantal said that they start at the top of the waitlist and go down. Since it's one big waitlist, the streams are all mixed up, so they keep going down until they fill out all the spots. I don't think they're done with any stream yet. I'm just trying to stay positive lol

Oh that’s quite possible! Who knows really :) Thanks Maggie 19, I’ll try and do the same haha 

1 minute ago, whyudodistome said:

congrats!!! so are people not receiving phone calls anymore??

Thanks! Unless I had no service and the call was somehow missed, I can see no evidence that I received a phone call. Made the email that much more surprising lol.