Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

On 7/12/2018 at 7:22 PM, MDwishing said:

Congrats, so lucky!! I guess it’s not over until it’s over, huh? 

it's not! when i talked with them today, they say the class was full but somehow they lost someone. but i'am still confused over the gpa placement in the waitlist, it does not make alot of sense

7 hours ago, zackattack881 said:

@karl heider can you give a detailed description of your ABS, Casper and interview please?

Sure,

to start sorry for my english since it's my third language

ABS: not a whole lot of work experience 3 - 4 jobs/ research : 1 pub and some extra stuff for undergrads/ volunteering : very diverse, psychiatric hospital for 3 years, community centers, hospitals in Africa, shadowing a company doctor for a mining company and other things/ for extracurricular : mainly my participation in this crazy program called mars one and everything that came out of that (for ABS i truly believe it's the way you present your activities that is important rather than quantity)

Casper : it was my first casper and i felt i did bad, but when i talked to other people i think i did well since i answered all the questions, made a list of words that are synonymous with empathy, compassion and other words that i felt were important in the context of an ethical dilemma. and made sure to use them. tried to remain firm in my answers but also show personal compassion in combination with a respect  and understanding of the rules in an ethical scenario

Interview : i over-prepped for the interview, paid a company to do mock interviews, and had mock interviews with anyone willing including medstudents, i over practiced and all the feedback that i got was good. there are certain questions that are obvious that you can rehearse a lot and thats what i did, (and it was a big mistake). first question was one of those obvious questions but just tweaked a little, but i started answering the way i practiced and it was bad since the answer i gave didn't exactly answer what they asked me. i was aware it was a mistake so i just threw away all the answers i knew by heart and started going freestyle and being myself, i was way less stressed and alot more fluid when i was just myself. and the rest of the interview i felt went perfectly. so other than the first question the rest was good. 

everyone says be yourself during the interview, and i agree. over practicing can be deadly. 

if you need any details PM me

1 hour ago, MDwishing said:

If the email hasn’t been sent out yet then the class must not be 100% finalized, otherwise we should have gotten it. 

Or the email is being finalized because admin stuff can take time too. Best of luck though. Queen's class full email was sent out last week, so its getting there for all schools. Best of luck though, you never know what can happen until August!

6 hours ago, IMislove said:

Or the email is being finalized because admin stuff can take time too. Best of luck though. Queen's class full email was sent out last week, so its getting there for all schools. Best of luck though, you never know what can happen until August!

Very true too aha I guess we’ll know soon enough :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, rmorelan said:

I was in touch with someone in the know at the office that said things we all finalized a few weeks ago - did nothing ever actually get sent from them?

No, we never received an email from the faculty. But I think by now we all assumed everything is completed and finalized.

1 hour ago, MDwishing said:

No, we never received an email from the faculty. But I think by now we all assumed everything is completed and finalized.

makes sense - many schools are very sluggish on releasing announcements I think in part as there is no actual advantage to them in doing so. It does add this annoying extended don't know what is happening phase and to a degree false hope at times.