Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

I missed a call from Ottawa today at 10:37 PST and received at email with the subject line "Important message - Faculty of medicine - University of Ottawa" at 10:39 PST. It doesn't say I've been offered a position, but to call back when I receive it. I will call back tomorrow and decline this offer as I've already accepted one at UBC.

Good luck to all!

2 minutes ago, HUNGRYHUNGRYHIPPO said:

I missed a call from Ottawa today at 10:37 PST and received at email with the subject line "Important message - Faculty of medicine - University of Ottawa" at 10:39 PST. It doesn't say I've been offered a position, but to call back when I receive it. I will call back tomorrow and decline this offer as I've already accepted one at UBC.

Good luck to all!

Do you mind letting us know your wgpa? Congrats on your acceptances!

5 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

Long weekend probably set them behind. I remember one year significant movement didn’t occur until one week after the original cohort decided. 

I mean, not like I’m expecting to get a call either way. 

well the waiting is definitely horrible. but what I really can't seem to understand is why the lack of transparency? Wouldn't it be far more considerate and human to give everyone his ranking? the list is already made. if someone is ranked number 5 in the waitlist lets say he can plan his summer accordingly while knowing when and when not to wait for the waitlist to move. it's really inconsiderate to how much this matters to us and how strong of a grip it has on our future plans etc. 

1 minute ago, karl heider said:

well the waiting is definitely horrible. but what I really can't seem to understand is why the lack of transparency? Wouldn't it be far more considerate and human to give everyone his ranking? the list is already made. if someone is ranked number 5 in the waitlist lets say he can plan his summer accordingly while knowing when and when not to wait for the waitlist to move. it's really inconsiderate to how much this matters to us and how strong of a grip it has on our future plans etc. 

EXACTLY. Especially since this type of online system is already in place all over QC med schools, it would spare them thousands of calls from us and it would answer so many of our questions and we could estimate if its worth spending more money and time and efforts re-writing the mcat and things like that. Its ridiculous! So inconsiderate, its almost like they want us to suffer more and they want to have more work to do.