Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2018

Does this mean the class is pretty much full already?? Every year they go through a whole interview score from 3.99GPA down to 3.88 and this year they haven’t even got to 3.93. Maybe an unusually high number of  waitlisters accepted their offer this cycle?

1 hour ago, FatherFranklin said:

Does this mean the class is pretty much full already?? Every year they go through a whole interview score from 3.99GPA down to 3.88 and this year they haven’t even got to 3.93. Maybe an unusually high number of  waitlisters accepted their offer this cycle?

I'm pretty sure uOttawa sends an email once the class has been officially filled.  However, I am unsure if they send the email when the entire class (both French and English) is filled, or when a specific stream/language is filled (the stream of the applicant). 

1 hour ago, FatherFranklin said:

Or maybe an unusually high number of high end 3.9s were on the first part of the waitlist...

Or maybe an unusually high number of people with low 3.9s didn’t post online this year...

Or maybe an unusually high number of people accepted their original offer this year...

33 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

to meet their admission requirements pretty much - there are ways of making up some of it with summer or extra courses etc but they look for full time status. 

Yeah for sure lol, 4 course is still full time at Ottawa tho (not like western full course load), just wondering if a 3.98 is better with a year with 9 class then having in the low 3.9...

1 minute ago, deoxys said:

Yeah for sure lol, 4 course is still full time at Ottawa tho (not like western full course load), just wondering if a 3.98 is better with a year with 9 class then having in the low 3.9...

I am pretty sure that to apply, you must be taking 10 courses during the year in which you are applying.

1 minute ago, deoxys said:

by the numbers the 3.98 one would be - keep in mind they do look at your transcript though, so if say this became some sort of strategy for people (fewer courses, more focus, higher GPA) I am sure there would be a response ha. Not saying you are doing that of course, but making a overall point :)

4 hours ago, FlameGrilledChicken said:

Just wanted to let people know, got an offer few days ago, but after some deliberation, will be declining it! Hoping someone out there gets good news soon!

And what’s your GPA if you don’t mind me asking? Did you get the offer this week or last Friday? 

Okay I called them to ask what is going on. It was Diane who replied and she says she is not sure if the first wave of calls/emails for the people on the waitlist is done or not. I asked specifically for CNFS and she said she does not know, because it is Chantale who takes care of this stuff. She said Chantale has been gone since Friday and only comes back tomorrow. She also said that they will be sending an email to the waitlisters once the class is entirely full, but NOT after a specific stream is full. So say CNFS was full, we’d only know when the entire class is complete. She really wasnt much help since she is not aware of anything. 

6 minutes ago, whyudodistome said:

Okay I called them to ask what is going on. It was Diane who replied and she says she is not sure if the first wave of calls/emails for the people on the waitlist is done or not. I asked specifically for CNFS and she said she does not know, because it is Chantale who takes care of this stuff. She said Chantale has been gone since Friday and only comes back tomorrow. She also said that they will be sending an email to the waitlisters once the class is entirely full, but NOT after a specific stream is full. So say CNFS was full, we’d only know when the entire class is complete. She really wasnt much help since she is not aware of anything. 

You’re the hero we need but don’t deserve. 

43 minutes ago, whyudodistome said:

Kind of highlights the point that while everyone here is super focused on all of this stuff etc, often delays etc are simply because of something going on elsewhere that has nothing to do with the admission process. No invites for awhile? Maybe someone is on vacation. Does make it easier to relax I know overall but maybe just a bit perhaps.  

The office staff at the schools are not insensitive to students demand for more information but they also have their own lives. If say their sister's wedding is during waitlist time then they have to go (as a made up example etc). 

On 5/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, PokemonTrainer said:

For those who were accepted off the waitlist last week, when is the deadline to respond to the offer? I just wanted to have an idea of when we can expect another round of waitlist movements.

I got the offer May 25 and deadline to respond was June 5.