Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Yes, I think I saw somewhere that it could be around 100 people? I just can’t find that link anymore...

It was 124 last year. Glad to be part of the party people. Anyone have a rough idea how many ppl are waitlisted? 

1 minute ago, Distancea said:

It was 124 last year. Glad to be part of the party people. Anyone have a rough idea how many ppl are waitlisted? 

Based on past threads, McMaster over-offers (offers more than 203 seats) and has a wait-list (not sure how long) but I hear there's wait list movement each year. 

Just now, healthscireject said:

If we do get in off a waitlist, are we most likely going to be sent to a regional campus? Since I'm assuming the higher ranked people had first dibs and most wanted Hamilton

That is something that baffles me. Because there are ppl with better than our stats that got pushed into regionals today. What happens if someone drops from Hamilton? Do we get the dibs or to the regionals from today get dibs?

That is something that baffles me. Because there are ppl with better than our stats that got pushed into regionals today. What happens if someone drops from Hamilton? Do we get the dibs or to the regionals from today get dibs?

They might have requested a regional campus or did bad on the interview but not bad enough. Honestly, I'm not sure. 

17 minutes ago, Distancea said:

before it was 330/550 (60%). Now that some ppl have been accepted and some rejected, we are standing at 125/x. Assuming x is around 150-200, we are not doing too bad guys. 

Do they publish any values about the number of individual in Mac's WL? 

2 minutes ago, MED-2018 said:

Do you know if they send more offers than seats?

Not initially i don't think. That is what the waitlist is for. 

I have heard the contrary that they over--offer AND have a waitlist

Archived