Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

10 minutes ago, Butterfly_ said:

Makes sense!! Best of luck for UBC! And lol, don’t be sorry!  At least I still got U of A in my pocket! Though I would prefer a 3 year program to a 4 year program. Seems like there’s going to be a lot of movement this and next week, so I’m crossing my fingers!! 

Good luck! It would be awesome if we got to congratulate each other in person in Hamilton this fall!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Good luck! It would be awesome if we got to congratulate each other in person in Hamilton this fall!

Yes that would be amazing!!!

34 minutes ago, Distancea said:

Rooting for you butterfly. You are next :). 

Thank you so much!! I hope so!!

1 hour ago, sadstrawberry said:

Congrats to everyone who got an offer! When do you guys think more offers will start rolling out, or are the bulk of offers gone by now? 

June 6th, since we have the deadline to accept for June 5th. The movement will probably be daily from now on tho. As soon as someone rejects their offer I think you can expect to see a move. 

3 minutes ago, Persephone said:

There will likely be more movement after the June 5th deadline for people that just got offers! The waitlist moves well into June most years!

Looking at old threads, you are right, but its hard to expect anything at this point. If it happens, I guess it'll be a nice surprise. 

3 minutes ago, Punkwich said:

Same :( I had hope, but oh well.

I can imagine it sucks Punkwich, this waiting process and uncertainty is a killer but if anything, I guess there's always next year and we should be proud of how far we got! I know its hard to be, at this moment but maybe its for the best 

Accepted to Hamilton Campus from the waitlist! Timestamp around 3:19 PM! Honestly, I had lost all hope and was working on my AMCAS application but I could not be more grateful! Looking at this forum and the waitlist community, they have been really supportive. Thanks to everyone guys and best of luck! 

29 minutes ago, Dr.swagster said:

Accepted to Hamilton Campus from the waitlist! Timestamp around 3:19 PM! Honestly, I had lost all hope and was working on my AMCAS application but I could not be more grateful! Looking at this forum and the waitlist community, they have been really supportive. Thanks to everyone guys and best of luck! 

Welcome to the squad.

30 minutes ago, dchai2 said:

For those who got in off the waitlist today, do we have a deadline to respond by? I didn't see one in my email.

There wasn't a date to respond by, but I think they are just seeing if you are interested in the full offer as you may have already accepted some place else as their systems may be behind. So if you reply back saying you're interested, it just means that you are open to viewing the offer (not fully accepting the offer already). I assume the deadline to respond to the offer will be in the documents sent out.

Hope no one gets anxious seeing that a new message has been posted on this thread haha, but do you guys think there is likely to be anymore movement on the waitlist this year? I feel like there have been fairly substantial waves already so I am starting to think that Mac's class is nearly full, if not full already?

14 minutes ago, Waitlister95 said:

Hope no one gets anxious seeing that a new message has been posted on this thread haha, but do you guys think there is likely to be anymore movement on the waitlist this year? I feel like there have been fairly substantial waves already so I am starting to think that Mac's class is nearly full, if not full already?

I would say there is probably 5-10 more spots as tomorrow is the deadline for us, the initial waitlisters. 

OMG, I can’t believe this. I’m gonna cry.

I just got an offer for the Hamilton Campus today. Time stamp: 11:02am PST.

What should I do. Alberta or McMaster?

Post interviews, I had preferred McMaster over Alberta. After waiting for so long, I had expected a rejection from McMaster and started preparing my move for Edmonton. 

Now I’m completely torn.

They are both such amazing schools with great programs.

1 minute ago, Butterfly_ said:

OMG, I can’t believe this. I’m gonna cry.

I just got an offer for the Hamilton Campus today. Time stamp: 11:02am PST.

What should I do. Alberta or McMaster?

Post interviews, I had preferred McMaster over Alberta. After waiting for so long, I had expected a rejection from McMaster and started preparing my move for Edmonton. 

Now I’m completely torn.

They are both such amazing schools with great programs.

Ayyyyy!!! Knew this would happen haha. Congrats butterfly. Hope to see you in fall!

Archived