Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Distancea said:

That is something that baffles me. Because there are ppl with better than our stats that got pushed into regionals today. What happens if someone drops from Hamilton? Do we get the dibs or to the regionals from today get dibs?

If someone drops from Hamilton, the new Hamilton spot goes to someone on the waitlist. Those who were offered regional campus spots will not be offered a Hamilton position. 

1 minute ago, yup said:

If someone drops from Hamilton, the new Hamilton spot goes to someone on the waitlist. Those who were offered regional campus spots will not be offered a Hamilton position.

Looks like it is better to be on the top of the waitlist than on the bottom of initial offers LOL. 

25 minutes ago, AriH said:

Probably a bit more because there are upper years in that group! 

yeah be careful with doing counting exercises with any facebook group :) There are usually a lot of the medical students from that school already signed up to watch and help as needed.

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

yeah be careful with doing counting exercises with any facebook group :) There are usually a lot of the medical students from that school already signed up to watch and help as needed.

Yep. Can confirm this is the case with mac! :)

3 hours ago, f011235813 said:

Yep. Can confirm this is the case with mac! :)

Ha - it happens every year with waitlists. I mean I completely get it - when things are uncertain people jump on any information they can get. It just won't work in this case, at least not so directly :)

When checking facebook groups, always keep in mind that there are people from upper classes to offer help. There are also people who have multiple offers and are just checking out each group for a while. So definitely take the number of people you see on those groups with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, Dr.swagster said:

Just wanted to confirm, that there is no low/high, good/bad waitlist for Mac like there is for Western and Ottawa? LOL

No, they explicitly state in the waitlist email they cannot tell you your placement on the waitlist. Everyone got the same email as far as I'm aware

1 minute ago, Dr.swagster said:

Thank you! I guess the wait just makes doubt myself, more and more LOL 

haha no worries, I get it completely. When I found out about good/bad waitlists at the other schools this week I kept rereading my waitlist emails from Queen's and Mac...to no avail of course lol

6 minutes ago, Persephone said:

haha no worries, I get it completely. When I found out about good/bad waitlists at the other schools this week I kept rereading my waitlist emails from Queen's and Mac...to no avail of course lol

I can imagine the stress with another few weeks of uncertainty! I REALLY hope you get into one of the schools that waitlisted you!

3 minutes ago, Dr.swagster said:

I can imagine the stress with another few weeks of uncertainty! I REALLY hope you get into one of the schools that waitlisted you!

Ugh I was so hopeful that UBC decision day would end the stress fest, but now I must find my inner calm place for a bit longer lol. Thanks! Same to you :)

Archived