Premed 101 Forums

In the emails being sent out today...are interviewees only categorized as "accepted" or "wait-listed" or is there a third "rejected" category? And if so does anyone know the rough number of interviewees that usually fall into each of the categories. I'm trying to figure out how long the wait-list is. Thanks.

Purely speculation but queens sent out about 180 offers in the past. I assume they over accept initially, so probably 100-120 initial offers. So i think its reasonable to have a waitlist of about 100-150 people. That probably means about 300 are outright rejected? 

Purely speculation, but I’d assume the waitlist is more like 250. If ~90 people turn down offers for other schools I would assume a similar number of people on the waitlist are in that category and will remove themselves when they accept another school. 

My guess: 

125 accepted, 250 waitlist, 125 rejected 

From the ranked list they would accept up to position ~180 + (number of people who remove themselves from waitlist). E.g. 50 people on the waitlist accept another Ontario offer = the person ranked 230th is accepted. (That’s also assuming QuARMs and MD/PhD are less likely to reject an offer) 

Archived