Premed 101 Forums

Queens Waitlist 2018

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IMislove said:

So apparently 99 of 104 students have signed up for o week. Don’t know if we’re going for 105 or 110 , think deferrals are included. Thought I’d provide an update to those still on the list. Good luck.

Those numbers seem strange, unless they do include deferrals, or someone signed up for O week, but then got accepted elsewhere. Because the class size as far as I was aware is 100.. 

6 minutes ago, helicase said:

Those numbers seem strange, unless they do include deferrals, or someone signed up for O week, but then got accepted elsewhere. Because the class size as far as I was aware is 100.. 

Yeah probably deferrals included. So we’re pretty much almost full up. Maybe next week will be the email? I would think people might have asked for their money back if they accepted somewhere else lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TwilightFalcon said:

FYI for those still on the waitlist

"Class is full" email was sent out today

It was bound to happen. I want you all to know that you’re not a failure, you may have just been delayed. Being on the waitlist is a good thing because they obviously liked what they saw, just the competition is so great, they cna only have so many. Last year I was straight rejected after my interview. That hurt, but it made me want to work even harder this year. I knew my interview was holding me back, especially after getting a second interview, so I focused my energy in it as much as I could. Queens definitely gives a huge amount of points to interview post interview, so reflect on what happened. Were you so nervous it affected how you could think, speak, etc. Any nervous ticks? The difference between my two interviews was nerves and structure. Practice makes perfect theybsay, and although you won’t perform perfectly during the interview (I didn’t), I knew I performed better than last year. Refocus your energy and improvement and continuing your ECs. Refine OMSAS descriptions if you can. But for now, take this time for yourself, feel the feelings you need to feel, and spend time with your family and friends. Enjoy this summer and really go hard in August for OMSAS. I wish you all the best of luck next year.

Archived