Premed 101 Forums

Queens Waitlist 2018

2 hours ago, premed647 said:

I've declined my offer at Queen's University, which will open up a spot. I wish all of you the best. One way or another, everything will work out; please do not lose sight of that. Best wishes. 

Not all heroes wear capes (unless you wear capes). Good luck with wherever youre going! And thanks for giving us waitlisters some sage advice. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, silverorlead said:

82 people in the Class of 2022 Facebook group already.

Things are not looking good....

There are upper years in that group and I see colleagues who I know have accepted offers elsewhere. I wouldn't put too much stock in how many people are in the group.

So should we expect another wave of offers on May 22 or the 23rd (or both)? And would it be on a rolling basis thereafter or do we until the week after?

I'm asking because on May 23 & 24 I'll be at a major conference, listening to cool talks and (trying to) mingle with the movers and shakers; and I'd rather not be that chick who keeps checking her phone hahaha.

43 minutes ago, Egg_McMuffin said:

So should we expect another wave of offers on May 22 or the 23rd (or both)? And would it be on a rolling basis thereafter or do we until the week after?

I'm asking because on May 23 & 24 I'll be at a major conference, listening to cool talks and (trying to) mingle with the movers and shakers; and I'd rather not be that chick who keeps checking her phone hahaha.

last year first round of waitlist offers went out on the Wednesday, as I believe they have til the end of Tuesday to decide. So I'd assume May 23rd. 

Waitlisters: when you log into SOLUS, your status says 'pending' right?

Looks like someone messed up entering my name into the different systems (which happens ALOT; I have an English name, and two parts to my ethnic first name...my email from Queen's uses a different first name from the one on SOLUS vs the one I used for OMSAS :rolleyes:.)

7 minutes ago, Egg_McMuffin said:

Waitlisters: when you log into SOLUS, your status says 'pending' right?

Looks like someone messed up entering my name into the different systems (which happens ALOT; I have an English name, and two parts to my ethnic first name...my email from Queen's uses a different first name from the one on SOLUS vs the one I used for OMSAS :rolleyes:.)

Did your SOLUS always say "pending" or did it say that you were added to the waitlist and now its back to pending? 

Well if it never said you were added to the waitlist (even though you got a waitlist email) that would be kind of odd and I would contact the office maybe to let them know? I was waitlisted and on May 8th my status went from "pending" to "you have been added to the waitlist." On the other hand, they may be updating the system and getting ready to send out waitlist offers... Has anyone else had their status go from "added to waitlist" back to "pending"?? 

1 hour ago, dreamer12345 said:

Well if it never said you were added to the waitlist (even though you got a waitlist email) that would be kind of odd and I would contact the office maybe to let them know? I was waitlisted and on May 8th my status went from "pending" to "you have been added to the waitlist." On the other hand, they may be updating the system and getting ready to send out waitlist offers... Has anyone else had their status go from "added to waitlist" back to "pending"?? 

mine switched a couple times last year and well here we are..

9 minutes ago, helicase said:

mine switched a couple times last year and well here we are..

Aah okay, well it might just be a system glitch or something then. I guess we'll find out some news soon enough! 

Sorry Egg_McMuffin, didn't mean to worry you, its mostly my own insecurities at play. If you have experienced issues with your name being entered into a system before then maybe you should call/email them and double check, especially if you have different names in the email/OMSAS/SOLUS. 

3 minutes ago, dreamer12345 said:

Aah okay, well it might just be a system glitch or something then. I guess we'll find out some news soon enough! 

Sorry Egg_McMuffin, didn't mean to worry you, its mostly my own insecurities at play. If you have experienced issues with your name being entered into a system before then maybe you should call/email them and double check, especially if you have different names in the email/OMSAS/SOLUS. 

No worries! :)

I just emailed them. I'm sure everything will be sorted out eventually. The funny thing is my email and SOLUS names are both wrong LOL.

Try not to overthink it guys, these things switches, changes and all happen to everyone randomly. Am pretty sure it doesn't mean someone is logging into your account to place an acceptance letter. Ive been there last year, and thought the same thing :)

Do your best to enjoy this summer, or start prepping for next year's applications. You've all come a long way, and your almost there.

23 minutes ago, MacPreMed said:

Is it bad that although I got the waitlist email, my status has never switched and was always on "pending"?

FYI when I asked about my status via email (see my post above):

"The details are correct - we have very specific process when working within SOLUS. We will provide updates regarding your status as they become applicable."

Archived