Premed 101 Forums

Unspecified campus?

Just got my offer this morning and am beyond excited!! Does anybody know why my campus would have been left unspecified? The offer was conditional on my final GPA, would that be it?

Also, when have they sent out the campus assignment in past years? It says before May 30, but am hoping to know sooner.

I think they give out more offers than available seats so they mark some as unspecified campus (because they don't know which seats will be available after people decline their spots). But if I recall correctly pretty much everyone who gets that email traditionally ends up getting their preferred campus? A current Schulich student will have to clarify.

Congratulations!!!

If you have an unspecific campus offer it is due to the fact that Schulich sends out more offers than seats during the first round. Most students have gotten their preferred campus after the offer acceptance date passes (late May), but it honestly depends and the Admissions Office does not disclose how the campus allocation works. 

With that being said, I don't think you will get information on the location before the first deadline for accepting offers since at this point they are trying to process acceptance and send out offers to those on the wait-list. There is no harm in calling them! But from my knowledge, you do not really have much say in which location you are placed at and the offers are usually binding. Unfortunately that is a decision you will have to make at your discretion, similar situation for those on the wait-list for their first choice school and have received offers from another. 

On 5/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, pinksunset said:

Just got my offer this morning and am beyond excited!! Does anybody know why my campus would have been left unspecified? The offer was conditional on my final GPA, would that be it?

Also, when have they sent out the campus assignment in past years? It says before May 30, but am hoping to know sooner.

hi

if you have a conditional offer, can i know your one year gpa? also, how were your ecs? also, did you win a good amount of awards? Sorry for so many questions, i wanted to know if conditional offers are dependent on stronger ecs etc.. 

21 hours ago, dr-m-s said:

hi

if you have a conditional offer, can i know your one year gpa? also, how were your ecs? also, did you win a good amount of awards? Sorry for so many questions, i wanted to know if conditional offers are dependent on stronger ecs etc.. 

This isn't relevant to this years cycle, but I had a conditional offer last year. Western doesn't officially take into account your EC's (they don't look at your ABS), and I didn't talk a lot about my EC's in my interview. My one year GPA was 3.99. I think it has to do a lot with how your interview goes. 

On 5/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, pinksunset said:

Hi, I'm a current schulich med student. First off, congrats! I also got an unspecified offer, and ended up with my first choice (London). From what I know/remember, you have a very, very good chance of getting your top choice campus, they just can't officially guarantee it. You get priority for any spots opening up in your first choice campus above people on the waitlist, so it's very likely that a spot will open up where you want to it. When I was searching last year, I couldn't find anyone who didn't get their top choice from unspecified. It is kind of nerve wracking, because I don't believe they can tell you before you have to accept the offer, but I'd be pretty confident in saying you'll get the campus you want. Also, I don't believe it has anything to do with your GPA, it's just part of their offers system.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:45 AM, dreng12 said:

Hi, I'm a current schulich med student. First off, congrats! I also got an unspecified offer, and ended up with my first choice (London). From what I know/remember, you have a very, very good chance of getting your top choice campus, they just can't officially guarantee it. You get priority for any spots opening up in your first choice campus above people on the waitlist, so it's very likely that a spot will open up where you want to it. When I was searching last year, I couldn't find anyone who didn't get their top choice from unspecified. It is kind of nerve wracking, because I don't believe they can tell you before you have to accept the offer, but I'd be pretty confident in saying you'll get the campus you want. Also, I don't believe it has anything to do with your GPA, it's just part of their offers system.

yup nothing about GPA - just your rank order overall :) I don't think it actually didn't happen in the past two years. 

Archived