Premed 101 Forums

Western Med Waitlist Discussion/support

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hellobatetaworld said:

You're probably right, I doubt they'll get in touch over the weekend, another weekend spent in anticipation... :(

I don't know what to expect I was really hoping for some news this week, and it'll influence my decision to retake the MCAT too... I know a lot of people have accepted offers elsewhere and others have removed themselves from the waitlist to accept offers elsewhere so here's to hoping we see movement next week...

I have never seen them working on the weekend - probably things would pick up on the Monday I am guessing at this point. 

Longer than expected wait! Hopefully again some people have shifted to other schools which would help. 

2 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

I have never seen them working on the weekend - probably things would pick up on the Monday I am guessing at this point. 

Longer than expected wait! Hopefully again some people have shifted to other schools which would help. 

I hope so, in your experience do they always make it through the high waitlist? I was under the impression all high waitlisters would get a call today and then move on to normal waitlist for Monday...

20 minutes ago, Hellobatetaworld said:

I hope so, in your experience do they always make it through the high waitlist? I was under the impression all high waitlisters would get a call today and then move on to normal waitlist for Monday...

They will probably take a few days to go through the high waitlist and then a few weeks to go through the normal (if at all).

6 minutes ago, Hellobatetaworld said:

Almost always yes - only know one case where it didn't. 

Annoying as it is, it is often hard to move rapidly through the list. Some people cannot be reached that easily (even though many are glued to their phone). Plus they have to be very careful doing it - this isn't the time to be making any mistakes.  

10 minutes ago, DarkRoastBlaq said:

They will probably take a few days to go through the high waitlist and then a few weeks to go through the normal (if at all).

That would quite normal for them - they usually do go into the normal waitlist a bit. 

Just got the offer email! The weekend has never felt so long.. 

I just took a quick glance at it, and it looks like the tuition deposit is due in 2 days (June 30th)??? Even though we have until next week to accept? 

Correction - deposit due June 1st 

2 hours ago, markup said:

I just took a quick glance at it, and it looks like the tuition deposit is due in 2 days (June 30th)??? Even though we have until next week to accept? 

....two days is May 30th, not June 30th :)

2 hours ago, markup said:

and congrats ha!

1 hour ago, markup said:

Oops.. looks like in my excitement I completely messed up the date. It actually states June 1st in the letter as the deadline date.

ha, no problem - you are allowed to be excited! 

This happens every year - just get it in asap. You are on the other side of the wall now - the admins are now your friends and will do all kinds of stuff to support you. No one is attempting to pounce and take away your acceptance. 

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

ha, no problem - you are allowed to be excited! 

This happens every year - just get it in asap. You are on the other side of the wall now - the admins are now your friends and will do all kinds of stuff to support you. No one is attempting to pounce and take away your acceptance. 

1 hour ago, markup said:

Oops.. looks like in my excitement I completely messed up the date. It actually states June 1st in the letter as the deadline date.

congrats and don't forget to breathe!! :) you are in and yes the admins are now your friends. Welcome to medicine !!! 

37 minutes ago, DarkRoastBlaq said:

How accurate do you think the Facebook group is at estimating the number of spots left? The total, minus admins, and what seems like fake accounts gives me 54 spots remaining. 

I'd be surprised if everyone who as accepted joined the group immediately - so you would have to low ball the number of available seats. Plus "fake" accounts might just be people who don't want to put their info up on facebook? We can hope though :)

Actually, I took a look again.

Currently: 139 members - 19 admins = 120 students.

Last year's group which should be full: 170 members - 2 admins - 168 students.

Assuming an equal proportion will join the FB group, that's 48 more potential seats. BUT, that assumes that since there were only 2 admins listed last year, no other current students/staff had joined the group but were not made admins. Plus, taking into account likely pending requests/people who recently got pulled from the waitlist not yet joining you could probably easily take off at least another 8 people.

Maybe 40 seats?

33 minutes ago, DarkRoastBlaq said:

How accurate do you think the Facebook group is at estimating the number of spots left? The total, minus admins, and what seems like fake accounts gives me 54 spots remaining. 

not that accurate - every time someone has tried to use that it is at best a fuzzy estimate. 

Better signs of numbers are when people start to be taken off the normal waitlist, and when people are offered Windsor spots off that list. There is still room to play here.

Archived