Premed 101 Forums

Western Med Waitlist Discussion/support

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Phosphofructokinase said:

Got an acceptance to the Windsor campus (off the normal waitlist) around 2:00pm today! Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everybody still waiting :)

ok, well that is a key finding - gives us clearance once again of the high waitlist and that the number of spots left is very likely limited to a subset of Windsor

17 minutes ago, KingKunta_chickenwings said:

Just got a call for an offer (I'm normal waitlist). Ultimately they said they couldn't officially give the offer as I already accepted Mac. I knew this was the policy but I'm feeling absolutely gutted since pretty much my entire life I wanted to go to schulich (London or Winsor) . Sucks knowing I could have accepted their offer if I chose UBC over Mac. I'm still grateful but can't help but feel a little depressed. I hope my offer will go to someone who really wants it! Side note: do they do appeals for this "already accepted an Ontario school" thing? 

Sorry to hear that - this is another problem with our system. As far as I know there is no option to appeal etc. Mac is a great school and you will do fine there but still.....

40 minutes ago, LFOHarmonics said:

Curious, I have to call tomorrow as I was out today when they did call.

When do I need to give a definitive choice by?

Ha, if I am understanding you there congrats indeed! These things aren't always linear but you can get there in the end

34 minutes ago, Supervenience said:

How rare is it for waitlisters who have been offered Windsor to get reassigned to London later on? 

that would be a rather rare event I would think - at this point London is full, and they are filling up the less popular campus. We have had people leave the program for whatever reason and still not move anyone over as they have already started setting things up with the particular people being where they are. 

Plus you have to remember the school is quite proud of the Windsor campus - it isn't a second class option for them so on some level they don't think about moving people around etc. 

3 hours ago, rmorelan said:

that would be a rather rare event I would think - at this point London is full, and they are filling up the less popular campus. We have had people leave the program for whatever reason and still not move anyone over as they have already started setting things up with the particular people being where they are. 

Plus you have to remember the school is quite proud of the Windsor campus - it isn't a second class option for them so on some level they don't think about moving people around etc. 

Yeah, don't count on it happening. I was in the position last year of wanting London but offered Windsor off the high waitlist. After talking on the phone with the lady who called to give me the admission, she made it clear that it was very very unlikely that a student offered Windsor at this point would end up moved to London, since multiple students would have to drop out of the program after accepting their offer.

1 hour ago, cookacola said:

Yeah, don't count on it happening. I was in the position last year of wanting London but offered Windsor off the high waitlist. After talking on the phone with the lady who called to give me the admission, she made it clear that it was very very unlikely that a student offered Windsor at this point would end up moved to London, since multiple students would have to drop out of the program after accepting their offer.

good point - yeah that is another factor - you would still be what ever position you were on the list I guess so everyone accepted to Windsor above you but wants London would be higher priority. 

How are you finding your time in Windsor? I feel people often don't have a good understanding of what that branch of the school is like (in a limited way I attended both sites but that is of course rare)

On 5/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, rmorelan said:

good point - yeah that is another factor - you would still be what ever position you were on the list I guess so everyone accepted to Windsor above you but wants London would be higher priority. 

How are you finding your time in Windsor? I feel people often don't have a good understanding of what that branch of the school is like (in a limited way I attended both sites but that is of course rare)

I ended up choosing McMaster-Hamilton, so I can't speak for Windsor! But Mac is wonderful hahah :P:D

• 5 weeks later...

Archived