Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: waitlisted

Geography:OOP

GPA: eh. 3.8 ish

MCAT: 513? Idk these new numbers mean nothing to me.

Ahh. Frustrating to be back here again, especially when I felt like I made a lot of improvements to my interview performance. Congrats to everyone with acceptances, and here's hoping for a lot of wait list movement.

Edit: typo

I just got an offer from the OOP waitlist! Will be accepting when I get home from work. Good luck to all those still waiting - I was in your shoes last year. It's hard to be in limbo, so take care and do nice things for yourself so when the offer comes in you aren't already a wreck. (I might be speaking from experience on that...)

• 2 weeks later...

OOP 

Accepted off Waitlist (Regina) 

GPA: 3.95 

MCAT: 36 (12 - 10 - 14) 

Interview: Felt great on 3 stations, 1 or 2 were less great, rest were okay or good. 

Hope this helps for those waiting to hear back. Will most likely be declining in favour of another option! The wait list is moving! :) 

IP

GPA: I am not sure how they calculated it

MCAT: 501

Interview: Practiced A LOT for previous interviews; probably one of the most experienced interviewees (not a good thing) and I felt alright about it

1 excellent station, 2-3 good ones and the rest were decent.  No particular stations that I felt horrible about

Accepted at my preferred site and I will be taking the seat. I was given an immediate offer and was not on the waitlist

Sincerest well-wishes to everyone on the wait list waiting to hear back.  I know it is difficult but hang in there and no matter what, do not give up on your dreams

Result: Wait-listed May 13 - accepted June 9 (timestamp 2:09 saskatoon time) - I will be accepting
Geography: IP (Yukon)
GPA: 86 (I think - I have two degrees and this was what I graduated my second degree with)
MCAT: Are you ready?? 21!! It's embarrassing to post, but I thought I would post it because it is possible to get in without amazing stats.

I was surprised to have received an interview but my interview felt really good and I prepared extensively for it - I really can't believe I am posting this and am looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall!

Edited to correct time stamp

I wanted to re-post my information because I want to illustrate that a person is not defined by a poor score or average.

Result: Accepted off Waitlist (Top 1/3) - June 16

Geography: Placed in Regina (Saskatoon preferred)

GPA: ~83

MCAT: 493

Interview: Felt very strong and comfortable with this; not my first MMI.

Year: Final year of Master of Physical Therapy degree.

Very happy to be offered a position! It's been an extremely difficult past 4-5 weeks for me for a number of reasons, so this certainly helps make things a little better. I'm very much looking forward to meeting my classmates in the fall! Here's to a fantastic 4 years!

• 2 weeks later...

Pool: OOP

Result: Waitlisted, accepted June 27th, 1:53 pm

Site: Regina campus, Saskatoon preferred.

GPA: Approx 88

MCAT: 37Q (old)

Interview: A couple stations went great, a couple stations were bad, and the rest I didn't know what to think.

Will be accepting the offer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Timestamp: May 15, 3:49PM 

Geography: IP 

Year: 4th year

MCAT: 525

GPA: Around 95% 

Interview: Most of the stations were alright/good, and there were two stations that I was particularly iffy about. 

I'm happy to be done with undergraduate studies and to be accepted! Super honored by the opportunity :) 

Timestamp: May 15, 3:49PM

Geography: IP

Year: 4th year

MCAT: 522

GPA: 95.55%

Interview: I'm a very poor judge of my MMI performance but I didn't feel too bad about most stations!

I saw the two waitlist posts above and thought I'd share since I will be declining! :) Congrats to all those accepted and I hope people on the waitlist get some good news soon!

congratulations to all those who got accepted and best of the luck for those who are on the waitlist. i do believe that those on the top third of the waitlist will gonna hear from the school sooner or later this summer and will be in.

I am so impressed with the stats and the GPA of the students who got accepted. you deserve to be here. this pays back all the hard work you did in the last few years.

congratulations

congratulations to all those who got accepted and best of the luck for those who are on the waitlist. i do believe that those on the top third of the waitlist will gonna hear from the school sooner or later this summer and will be in.

I am so impressed with the stats and the GPA of the students who got accepted. you deserve to be here. this pays back all the hard work you did in the last few years.

congratulations

I agree. Stats are insanely high this year. Big Jump!! Congrats to everyone. University of Saskatchewan is back up to high standards.