Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted 4th year IP

2-year average: 90.9%

I received my email at 3:30 on May 14th saying I was accepted to Saskatoon (my preference). Then today I received an email saying that they made a mistake and they meant to say Regina.

They told me that they are sending out emails in rank order, which seems like a pretty cruel way of doing things; I don't know why they couldn't send all the emails at once like in previous years.

In any case, I'm just hoping that after they receive a few declines I might still get in to Saskatoon. And hopefully they don't keep people waiting for too much longer!

OOP - Accepted

MCAT: 36Q

Interview: I didn't really care about it and just had fun with it. Loved the more personal station, disliked the role-playing stations. Overall felt I repeated myself alot (though that is fine. New station=new person. So repeating one-self is not an issue)

I will be declining the offer tomorrow or tonight after I make sure my acceptance to Manitoba goes through seamlessly.

OOP

Applied: Calgary, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Interview: Calgary, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Accepted: Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Waitlist: Calgary

**Accepting Manitoba, but waiting for Calgary**

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GPA: 85% ish

MCAT: PS- 12 VR- 12 BS- 14

ECs: Lots of long term leadership in athletics, dancing, leadership positions for various initiatives, a lot of work with children and some research with 1 abstract and 1 publication

Year: Final year of second undergrad

MMI felt good, but some bumps

OOP

very thankfull for this, considering Saskatoon is a beautiful charming town. not sure if accepting yet, will update soon

• 3 weeks later...

Long-time lurker...thought I should add my stats.

Accepted!

In-Province

cGPA: 3.90 --> turned into 94% weighted (best 2 years)

Interview: Decile 1. Thought it went well after I was done! I had a cold so I'm sure I sounded absolutely awful, but I'm glad they saw through that :P

I declined in favour of McMaster University. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought this might give hope so some people out there applying in future years

GPA: 88% (didnt write the MCAT)

MMI: 1st decile

I am a second year undergrad and it was my first time applying. I was accepted and I am taking the offer. But for those of you on the waitlist, don't give up, I've heard news of a few people in the middle third already hearing back :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Wait listed (OOP)

GPA: Met requirements
MCAT: 36 - 12-10-14
1st year M. Sc.

Has anyone had their position (quartile) revealed to them on the wait list? In years past it appeared this was the case! Perhaps new policy though :)

Fantastic news and many congrats to all who got accepted!

Edited by Fresh fry