Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

OK something is really fishy here.

If they indeed increased the seats to 100:

1. why is the interview cut-off at 83.something?

2. people who recently posted their stats. during my year, those would've been enough to get in. i bet if you applied the same year as me, we woulve been classmates!

they either didnt go through the 100 seats or your applicant pool is REALLY competitive this year.

Accepted (Regina)

4th Year IP

2-Year Average: 90%

Interview went very well I thought

I was going to wait for decile results before posting, but since I will be declining for another school anyways I figure waitlisters will like to know sooner. Congrats to whoever gets my seat.

OK something is really fishy here.

If they indeed increased the seats to 100:

1. why is the interview cut-off at 83.something?

2. people who recently posted their stats. during my year, those would've been enough to get in. i bet if you applied the same year as me, we woulve been classmates!

they either didnt go through the 100 seats or your applicant pool is REALLY competitive this year.

Nothing fishy here. The applicant pool is just really competitive this year, hence there was increase in interview cut-off with increase in seats. Someone posted that they accepted 10 OOP applicants which means they did go through with 100 seats.

Since IP applicants have until may 31st to send in their transcripts to have this year's mark counted toward the 2 year average, it seems like they rejected people who failed interview (40%) and people with low averages in the lower deciles. At this point, they probably accepted people who aced the interview with high averages. ;)

Very happy to say Accepted!!!!!

IP

GPA: 93.9%

Just finished my 3rd year of undergrad

I thought the interview went very well this year! (last year I thought the same thing and didn't do so well then... you just never know with the MMI)

This is my second time applying to U of S

I will be accepting the offer! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall!!

Got the email time stamped at 2:20pm, but really got it more like 3:30ish.

So happy to be posting this!

Anyways, here is my info:

Result: Acceptance :D

3rd year undergrad (B.A.)

BEST 2-Year GPA: 91%

MMI: Dont know decile, but I bombed at least 3-4 stations :mad: . 6 went really well, but the 3-4 were TERRRIBLE :eek: , like outright terrible!

UofS is my only application, and will be accepting it. I applied last year as well, but was 8th decile in the MMI. Never quit, never feel sorry for urself! You can always do better! ;)

Reject!!!

IP applicant

83.1% [i am not surprise of rejection, but for a while thought I was going to get in]

This is technically my first time applying with interview being offered.

This is such a sad day for me though...

Congratulation everyone for getting acceptance!

Accepted

OOP 4th year

best 2 years: 3.94 GPA

MCAT: 12/11/12/Q

Interview: thought it was decent, but will be declining in favor of ubc.

heard from friends in saskatoon that there is real issues with the medical education and lack of organization so this was definitely my last resort

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Accepted: May 14 @ 3:30 p.m.

2-yr average: 91.7%

Site: Saskatoon

Last year I was waitlisted in the middle third and narrowly missed out. I must have been near the end as they went quite far into the middle third. I hope that gives you an idea.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi all,

Im an OOP applicant. Got my waitlist e-mail on May 14th at 8:53 a.m. CST.

I was not told top 3rd, middle 3rd, bottom 3rd etc.

Does anyone know if OOP waitlist is treated differently? Or if we are in the same pool as in province.

Regards

Saskhopeful