Premed 101 Forums

The final countdown is on!

54 minutes ago, OT OT said:

Hey! :) Would you be able to share what the GPA cut offs were for the schools that you applied to last year? I wasn't able to make the cut-off for Mac's MMI so I'm just really worried about my GPA! 

Hi!! Mac's OT (first round of offers) last year 3.72 and this year 3.77.

Queen's last year was around 3.3. Western 3.7 for waitlist and don't know specific cut off for Toronto but it's probably around 3.7 for waitlist aswell.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OThopeful18 said:

3rd time. Every year I missed the GPA cut off by few decimal points. So you can imgine the heartbreak I felt and the anxiety it's causing me this year. I applied to more OT schools this year to improve my chances. I am more hopeful this year since I was able to make the cut-off for Mac's MMI. And thank you. All the best to you as well. :)

I really hope this is your year! :D

7 minutes ago, OThopeful18 said:

Queen's last year was around 3.3. Western 3.7 for waitlist and don't know specific cut off for Toronto but it's probably around 3.7 for waitlist aswell.

Thank you sooo much!!!!! And best of luck! This will definitely be your year! 

Just now, OThopeful18 said:

Sorry it was for Mac. I added more info. I totally know the frustration of not being able to meet the cutoffs :( but don't give up if you know what your dream career is. The system is unfair.

Thank you! I really needed to hear that. You are a wonderful person :) 

1 hour ago, OThopeful18 said:

Hi!! Mac's OT (first round of offers) last year 3.72 and this year 3.77.

UofT apparently doesn't have a "cut-off." On their website, it says they will review all applications that meet the minimum 3.0 required, however, they follow that by saying it is  "extremely difficult to get an offer of admissions with less than a 3.5-3.7." On another page, it says the average admission GPA was a 3.7 for previous years. 

43 minutes ago, mccannjx01 said:

UofT apparently doesn't have a "cut-off." On their website, it says they will review all applications that meet the minimum 3.0 required, however, they follow that by saying it is  "extremely difficult to get an offer of admissions with less than a 3.5-3.7." On another page, it says the average admission GPA was a 3.7 for previous years. 

3.7 is probably too low. I haven’t heard of people getting into U of T with less than 3.81 the past couple years. All the school websites have a “minimum required” sGPA to apply but the reality is much higher. 

18 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

3.7 is probably too low. I haven’t heard of people getting into U of T with less than 3.81 the past couple years. All the school websites have a “minimum required” sGPA to apply but the reality is much higher. 

I think you’re talking about PT and they’re talking about OT. 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I wish everyone could get an offer!

I accepted my offer to the MPT program at UBC which was my first choice so I will be declining any offers (if given an offer) from Ontario Schools so hopefully that gives everyone a better chance! For those who are unsuccessful this year, don't give up on something you are passionate about! Many of the students that were accepted into the MPT program at UBC this year were 2nd and even 3rd time applicants! Don't give up!

Best of luck everyone :)!

4 hours ago, Rehab4Life said:

I got into OT last year with 3.78

Archived