Premed 101 Forums

ECs for Schulich

Hi,

For those that have gotten acceptances this year (congrats btw!!). What ECs do you recommend more specifically for Schulich. Like are there any ECs such as research that anyone feels really made their interview stand out and therefore land them an acceptance? 

Thanks!!!

Hi from the other thread!
My EC's were mostly long-term volunteer positions on my campus. I do media work so most of it involved photography/videography and marketing stuff for clubs and charities. I have also worked part time in customer service for 6 years. I had no research experience. 

Obviously everyone has a different experience but I don't think there are specific EC's that help more than others. As long as you can talk about it and they can tell you're genuinely passionate about what you've been doing, its fair game imo.

I don't think the type of ECs you did matters as much as you demonstrating that you learned important skills or had impactful experiences through these ECs. Showing passion is also important. Long term and impressive commitments (don't have to be clinical) also help but what matters most is how you frame your ECs.

23 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I agree with the above poster - it doesn't matter really what you do, it matters more so what you learned/gained from your ECs and how you talk about them!

Agree - and isn't that in the end actually what is important? I mean otherwise it is just an exercise in running around for no reason collecting activities without underlying purpose. 

Archived