Premed 101 Forums

Apartments near Dalhousie

Hey guys,

im looking for an apartment within a walking distance to Dalhousie no more than $1200. I’ve done my research but since I’m really far from Halifax I can’t physically check it out so I’m hoping for some recommendations from past or current Halifax residents. I appreciate your help.   

6 days for Ontario programs 

I lived in South Tower (on the corner of South and Tower, 6 minutes from the front door to the front steps of the physio building) for 2 years and just recently moved out, great building, underground parking, pool, and 3 different sizes of one bedroom apts based on your budget. 

They've also just completely renovated Fenwick Tower on Fenwick street (about 8 minute walk to the School of Physio) so that would also be a decent option but I have never lived there personally. 

Avoid any apartments near Quinpool Road (respect for anyone on here who lived/lives there, I went for a viewing and was terrified so just my opinion).

Most of the apartment buildings on Spring Garden Road might be within your price range, I've looked at a few and they are newer and seem to be decent, and you are practically on top of the half of campus that houses the physio school and the Collaborative Health Education Building where I've been told we will spend a lot of time.  

I've looked into a lot of apartments since I moved here in 2015 so I can definitely let you know which ones to avoid. You'll see a ton of apartments advertised as being in the North End or on Robie Street, for context I live at almost the far end of Robie Street and it takes me about 35 minutes to walk to school or its a 10 minute bus ride (I really like to walk so I don't mind it and bus pass comes with your tuition).

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, eafb30 said:

I lived in South Tower (on the corner of South and Tower, 6 minutes from the front door to the front steps of the physio building) for 2 years and just recently moved out, great building, underground parking, pool, and 3 different sizes of one bedroom apts based on your budget. 

They've also just completely renovated Fenwick Tower on Fenwick street (about 8 minute walk to the School of Physio) so that would also be a decent option but I have never lived there personally. 

Avoid any apartments near Quinpool Road (respect for anyone on here who lived/lives there, I went for a viewing and was terrified so just my opinion).

Most of the apartment buildings on Spring Garden Road might be within your price range, I've looked at a few and they are newer and seem to be decent, and you are practically on top of the half of campus that houses the physio school and the Collaborative Health Education Building where I've been told we will spend a lot of time.  

I've looked into a lot of apartments since I moved here in 2015 so I can definitely let you know which ones to avoid. You'll see a ton of apartments advertised as being in the North End or on Robie Street, for context I live at almost the far end of Robie Street and it takes me about 35 minutes to walk to school or its a 10 minute bus ride (I really like to walk so I don't mind it and bus pass comes with your tuition).

Hope this helps!

Thank you this helps a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 12:47 PM, Happyness said:

Hey guys,

im looking for an apartment within a walking distance to Dalhousie no more than $1200. I’ve done my research but since I’m really far from Halifax I can’t physically check it out so I’m hoping for some recommendations from past or current Halifax residents. I appreciate your help.   

6 days for Ontario programs 

Hi! I actually drove down to Halifax and checked out placing in walking distance to health sciences campus. I've already found a place but I found a really nice building (with balcony) and thought I'd pass it on. I would have stayed here if i had not found a building elsewhere. 

http://www.hrmapartments.ca/tower/available.php

20 hours ago, mang said:

@Happyness I’m also going to be going to dal in September from OT. Where abouts are you from? I’m from BC and am looking to find a place as well but am struggling to find places that are furnished! Are you looking to live alone or with a roommate?

Not sure yet to be honest. I’m looking into a couple a places and might decide to live solo at least the first year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Did you happen to find any decent buildings? I'm also searching! Hoping to find something in a building rather than a unit in a house. I actually did my undergrad at Dal but lived in two different 4 bedroom flats on campus, so I'm clueless about buildings. Lol

51 minutes ago, mlyPT said:

Hey! Did you happen to find any decent buildings? I'm also searching! Hoping to find something in a building rather than a unit in a house. I actually did my undergrad at Dal but lived in two different 4 bedroom flats on campus, so I'm clueless about buildings. Lol

I’m looking into the buildings that eafb30 recommended. I don’t live close to Halifax so it’s a little tough for me.  Let’s help each other in this search!

• 3 years later...