Premed 101 Forums

UWO Equivalent Courses for UBC and USask

On 5/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, arkragon said:

Cell bio counted toward USask's requirement but not UBC's

At first USask said I was missing my biochem requirement, but I emailed them and they said it was their mistake and cell bio counted.

Sources: Myself from my 2018 application.

I used 2280 and 2382 to satisfy UBC's cell bio biochem requirement for this year.

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2018 at 1:54 PM, ysoNaCly said:

Does anyone know if Biochem 2280 and Cellbio 2382 from UWO satisfy the biochemistry requirements for UBC and USask? I know that they do for UofT so hoping it's the same. Also would English 1020E satisfy UBC's english requirement? 

How did you figure out whether or not the courses you took will satisfy their requirement ? Apparently, you can't email them to assess the courses and the only way to find out is when you officially apply. Am I missing something here??:huh:

38 minutes ago, orgolover said:

How did you figure out whether or not the courses you took will satisfy their requirement ? Apparently, you can't email them to assess the courses and the only way to find out is when you officially apply. Am I missing something here??:huh:

If you're referring to how do I know they satisfy UofT's requirements, I applied to UofT this year and got an interview lol But I knew before hand from previous forum posts. 

4 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

If you're referring to how do I know they satisfy UofT's requirements, I applied to UofT this year and got an interview lol But I knew before hand from previous forum posts. 

I was talking about UBC course requirement. For instance, I took CH250 and CH350 Biochemistry at Laurier but I don't know if UBC will count these courses towards Biochem pre-requisite. I  thought I can email them for course equivalence but on their web they said not to do so. How do I figure this out? I can't seem to find previous post in regards to Laurier courses.

5 hours ago, orgolover said:

I was talking about UBC course requirement. For instance, I took CH250 and CH350 Biochemistry at Laurier but I don't know if UBC will count these courses towards Biochem pre-requisite. I  thought I can email them for course equivalence but on their web they said not to do so. How do I figure this out? I can't seem to find previous post in regards to Laurier courses.

Hmm I’m not sure either. I would say your best bet is to make an individual post on the forums and hopefully someone else has been in your position and can answer. 

Archived