Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

I'm from BC and I got accepted to both UofT and UofA (Edmonton campus) and I was wondering if there are any current physiotherapy students who want to share their experience at their respective school? I know that UofA has a great orthopedic program, and will be a lot cheaper than UofT. However, I find the satellite learning with Calgary and Augustana a bit odd (although I'm at Edmonton!). I heard UofT has lots of good placements which has good opportunities for learning. Plus, I believe most placements are in the city (Not sure if it's the same for UofA, but I guess I don't have to move out of the city and find a place to rent). From the current physios that I know , they say that both schools are great which makes my decision much more difficult! If you read this and from UofA or UofT, can you please share your experience? Thank you for your time!

Hey, 

I am  in the same boat! Accepted to both UofT and UofA (Edmonton campus) and I would welcome any current students to weigh in. As far as the quality of the education, I'm sure both programs are fantastic (which doesn't make the decision any easier). For me I think it comes down to factors such as cost, and lifestyle. As I am originally from Alberta but have lived in BC for the past several years, so I would be a lot closer to many of my friends and family at the UofA. I also believe that living in Edmonton will enable me to more easily participate in activities I enjoy (hiking, downhill/XC skiing). For those reasons, I will likely accept my offer at the UofA. However, I am still open to hearing the opinions of current students to refine my pros and cons list :D

If you are still uncertain about which program to go into, I have a friend in both the UofA and the UofT completing their masters.  I've heard great things about both programs, but the placements in Toronto mainly keep you in the city, whereas my friend at the UofA has been place in multiple small towns (currently up in Fort Mac), if that is a pro or a con for you.  UofT is somewhat more research focused as well compared to the UofA.  I'm from BC as well near the top of the waitlist for UofA, so your choice might help me out or we might be going into the same program (fingers crossed!)

Archived